Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> 7000hsn gear ratio swap

Message Subject: 7000hsn gear ratio swap
shank
Posted 9/16/2007 9:09 PM (#275234)
Subject: 7000hsn gear ratio swap

Can you or not change the gear ratio on a 7000hsn to 4.3-1.I've read you can and I've read that you cannot?I'm talking about the older gold reel with the push button release.
BALDY
Posted 9/17/2007 8:22 AM (#275266 - in reply to #275234)
Subject: Re: 7000hsn gear ratio swap

Depends who you ask...

I was told by Abu Garcia that you cannot swap out the gears on these reels or the newer ones...but, Jason S. had a couple new iHSN's converted to lower gears. Not sure what to believe...
Reef Hawg
Posted 9/17/2007 6:04 PM (#275367 - in reply to #275234)
Subject: RE: 7000hsn gear ratio swap

i had the gears switched out on the narrow spool(blue) one. It works fine. It made a squeeking noise for the first couple trips, but then quit. I was thent old that there was a tiny bushing or flange that needed to come off when the gear switch was made to eliminate that squeek. I probably just wore through it. Chuck Brod did the work for me and has done many of them since. Mine was a bit too 'tall' for me to palm comfortably and is for sale right now, after having been used 4 times if anyone is interested. I'd sell with both sets of gears. Drop me a pm if interested.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)