Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lobster Musky advice

Message Subject: Lobster Musky advice
Arno
Posted 8/23/2007 7:38 AM (#271298)
Subject: Lobster Musky advice

I'm headed up to the Alexandria area with the family over Labor day weekend and am looking for some advice on Lobster. I don't think I'm going to get out as much as I'd like so some small pointers would be great. I've been on Miltona a 100 time and know that lake good. But Lobster I've only been on once. And that was ugly.

Any help would be great. I'll even give my email address if someone does not want to put on here.

Thanks

[email protected]
musky-skunk
Posted 8/23/2007 12:55 PM (#271356 - in reply to #271298)
Subject: RE: Lobster Musky advice

I sent you a P.M.
Arno
Posted 8/30/2007 7:24 AM (#272456 - in reply to #271298)

Anything new happening in the Alex area? Heading up tomorrow and looking for a little insite on Lobster. Thanks again Musky-skunk.
Posted 8/31/2007 4:52 PM (#272746 - in reply to #271298)

I have a few ideas for you. email me at [email protected] and I will fill you in. clint
sworrall
Posted 8/31/2007 9:38 PM (#272780 - in reply to #271298)
Subject: Re: Lobster Musky advice

In one post you tell us to fish in MN and insult Pewaukee( where, by the way, 50" fish come from every year despite the fact there is zero NR there), in another you won't share info here. Interesting.
Posted 8/31/2007 10:57 PM (#272790 - in reply to #272780)

i don't wish to insult anyone and I am sorry if you took it that way.i would be happy to publicly say anything about the spots i fish. i just figured we would be going back and forth in conversation and most people would not be interested. you want to know any spots that I have found on any lake i have been to, i am more than happy to share info. to be honest, there are many people on this site that are much better at muskie fishing than me. that is why i like this site. i just try to help when i can. ok, now can we be friends? no5
sworrall
Posted 8/31/2007 11:34 PM (#272797 - in reply to #271298)

Sure.
bbass
Posted 9/4/2007 7:09 AM (#273165 - in reply to #271298)

I fish lobster lake once a year. I would love to here any adivice about the lake. why can't you just post here and not send pm's. please let everyone know. it's not like 10,000 people will be on the lake.
thanks
Posted 9/4/2007 12:36 PM (#273205 - in reply to #273165)

i have been to lobster a few times and would be more than happy to tell you where i have seen fish. from the access we went to the bigger island and we have had follows fishing around it. also in the second claw portion of the lake there is a nice bar that runs out along the weedline and we have seen fish there as well. that is all i know. i have only been there 3 times in the last 2 years. clint
musky-skunk
Posted 9/4/2007 12:48 PM (#273208 - in reply to #271298)

bbass, I've only fished the lake one time myself so not an expert by any means.

Some people online can get huffy when you start sharing info on there "secret lake" so I try not to out of respect, feel free to email me if you want and I'll tell you what I know. You probably have a lot more knowledge on the lake than I do though.

Andy
esox23
Posted 9/5/2007 8:50 AM (#273328 - in reply to #273208)

I have fished it a few or more times over the last few years. One thing to keep in mind is that you don't have to go running from the launch, I have actually seen the most fish on the lake while fishing around the shoreline (up and around the bay) right by the launch. I also like what would be lake 2, through the first channel to the east, we have done well against the northern shoreline west of the reeds that come to a point about half way up the northern shore. Also on lake 2 there is a snaking bar that goes back and forth pretty much down the center, find that and fish twitching cranks and gliders over the top of the weeds, we had an incredible explosion last time I fished out there. As you enter the 3rd lake through the channel fish the southern shoreline, nice steep break throw bucktails and slow roll them in to the boat. Naturally you'll HAVE to fish around the islands on the 3rd lake, take your pick but also don't be afraid to fish the deeper sections between the island, you'll find lots of suspended fish through there and you never know what you'll find. If you are in to trolling the steep shoreline on the south side of the lake has also proved well for trolling.

There you have it, a pretty solid starting point for the lake.

Now I suppose I'll get rake over the coals for providing to much info. Then again in musky fishing you still have to get them to bite.

Esox23
bbass
Posted 9/5/2007 9:56 AM (#273340 - in reply to #271298)

thank you for the advice. I fish lobster around the end of june of the last four years. thanks again
Posted 9/7/2007 7:32 PM (#273827 - in reply to #273328)

that will help me out too. thanks1 much appreciated clint
Posted 9/8/2007 7:30 PM (#273931 - in reply to #271298)

Really refreshing to see someone give up real details to about how to fish a system in an effort to help others. We should all strive to help others enjoy the sport as much as this young man!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)