Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake / Osbourne Bay - advice / feedback please

Message Subject: Eagle Lake / Osbourne Bay - advice / feedback please
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 8/21/2007 4:26 PM (#271036)
Subject: Eagle Lake / Osbourne Bay - advice / feedback please

Hi guys,

Never fished this area of Eagle before. Stopped in to take a tour of Century Lodge last week on my way home from Canada, and strongly considering a trip there for next summer.

For those of you who have been there before, can you give me some feedback on what to expect in terms of muskie fishing? Have also considered Andy Myers, somewhat leaning toward Century because if I'm fishing on a lake where night fishing is prohibitted, I may as well fish the darkest water possible on that lake.

That's my thought process, anyway. Anybody have any advice they would care to share on this area of Eagle?

Thanks in advance,
"Jackpot" John Schroeder
Posted 8/21/2007 4:41 PM (#271040 - in reply to #271036)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake / Osbourne Bay - advice / feedback please

How did you stop in to take a tour of Century if they are on an island?

That being said, I have fished there in early August and have had good luck on bright bucktails in the weed/rock combos. Good fishing down towards Niven Bay, its pretty much alll a shallow weed/slop game down there.

Good luck
BLocker
Posted 8/21/2007 4:56 PM (#271041 - in reply to #271036)

I will be @ Century next week for the first time. I will shoot a post out when I get back (with any luck a couple photo's)

rldourlain
Posted 8/21/2007 5:44 PM (#271047 - in reply to #271041)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake / Osbourne Bay - advice / feedback please

Fished for the first time this year. We caught two skis while trolling spinners for our lunch and one Jiging as well.
almost all musky fishing is bucktails or topwater. I had a 45 plus follow a weagle, just never connected.
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 8/21/2007 7:35 PM (#271070 - in reply to #271036)

To answer the question, (How did we take a tour of an island camp?)...

We launched at a public boat landing, and then just used the our FHS Eagle Lake map along with GPS to find our way to Century Island (which is labeled on the FHS map). Stopped in and introduced ourselves, and asked if they would be willing to give us a tour. Rich and Kay showed us around, and gave us a brochure, etc. The camp accomodations definitely look good enough (it's primarily American Plan, so I wouldn't even have to cook!!), but I was just curious as to the fishing in general. We did, in fact, fish Osbourne for a few hours after our tour, but it was in post frontal conditions, and our time was a bit limited. So only spent about 3 or 4 total hours fishing.

"Jackpot" John Schroeder

Obfuscate Musky
Posted 8/22/2007 7:55 AM (#271110 - in reply to #271036)

Fishing is very good there. Make sure you check Niven Bay also if you go to Century.
Bytor
Posted 8/22/2007 1:38 PM (#271163 - in reply to #271110)

PM sent
55esox
Posted 8/23/2007 2:14 PM (#271382 - in reply to #271163)

PM sent also.
Dan
Posted 8/27/2007 7:23 PM (#272013 - in reply to #271036)

My friend Randy is the owners son at Century Lodge!!!! He catches huge musky up there every year and i'm sure he would be more than willing to tell you where and how to catch them.
Blocker
Posted 9/2/2007 2:03 PM (#272983 - in reply to #271036)

I just got back from Century(first trip) and we had a solid week of Musky fishing. We boated 12 for the week with a 45,41,40 being the largest. Head up towards Nivens for your best action. One fish was taken on a topwater the rest were bucktail fish.

Matt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)