|
|
| I got a pair of Tsunami (sp) polarized glasses. They came with 3 different colored lenses. I have always used the amber ones. Am I missing something by not changing lens colors. How often do you change colors and for what conditions, thx much. |
|
| |
|
| Hey Greg, I've heard lots of different theory's on this subject from pro's to optomitrists(sp) this is my experience. First if your only going to have one shade I would say amber, if you have a choice then I would recommend Gray for clear water and or over-cast days and amber for darker water or bright sunny days. last year I went to a brand called ocean waves with back water green lenses and I have to admit there the best all around pair of glasses I've ever had (a little pricey though)hope this helps. |
|
| |
|
| I have prescription sunglasses. Lat year, I got a double polarized pair in sea green that are absolutely hands down the best sunglasses I have ever owned. Only problem is there are no bifocals; tough to tie a knot without peering over the lenses. |
|
| |
|
| steve-
talk to me about 'double-polarized'- something new? never heard of it before...
thanks
steve bloss |
|
| |
|
| Thx guys, along with the amber and gray lense, there is yellow with mine. When would you use a yellow lens??
With this new green color, do you use it for ALL conditions or swith to the green for certain conditions?
thx again. |
|
| |
|
| Gregg
I have glasses with amber,lite gray and dark gray.I use the dark for bright sunny days.The amber for cloudy days to brighten things up.the lite gray,the dusk to dark time. would to have a yellow lens for that. |
|
| |
|
| GregM,
Yellow lens glasses are great for overcast or low light conditions. I have a pair of yellow lens Action Optics that I can wear well after sunset.
Angus |
|
| |
|
| I know from a family member in the Optometry field that most eye doctors are able to order any kind of frame glasses you want and fill them in with any kind/color of polarized lens (prescription or not). Actually depending on where you go it may actually even be cheaper that most retail prices. It's just an option if you want a certain color lens but are not able to order them for a certain brand frame[:sun:]
-Phil Cali |
|
| |
|
| I use grey all the time, amber can be good at low light. I use Costa Del Mar and they work for me just fine. |
|
| |