Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> lake harriet

Message Subject: lake harriet
brian
Posted 6/6/2007 10:22 PM (#259773)
Subject: lake harriet

so me and my brother went casting along Lake Harriet tonight......caught a few bass....my brother got one round 3.5-4lbs anyway we both love muskie fishing but the only time we get to go muskie fishin "in a boat" is in canada on our trip......anyone fish Harriet and have any advice for some "shore line muskie fishin" sounds weird but i was just curious.........

thanks

-b-
Steve Jonesi
Posted 6/7/2007 8:14 AM (#259804 - in reply to #259773)
Subject: Re: lake harriet

Brian,
Both Harriet and Calhoun offer some great shore fishin'. Topwaters are traditional, but if you can work around the shoreline weeds(wading comes to mind) , there are lots of opportunities. Long casts preffered to cover as much water as possible. For Metro lakes, I hear the scenery can be fantastic as well. Good times . Steve
happy hooker
Posted 6/7/2007 9:04 AM (#259816 - in reply to #259804)

Grew up in south MPLS still live there,,probbably fished harriet 300 plus times just because its 10 minutes away,,,if you dont mind tigers Nokomis is actually more 'shore casting freindly" because with the darker water the milfoil isnt has thick,,,section between big beach and creek outlet offers some dropoffs,,area over on east by doubble drain pipe "looks like a double shotgun barrel" and the lone 'point' on the lake is good this is also a great place to see the famous 'surfing' muskies-the ones that cruise with their heads out of the water that freak people out when they see this, Dont mind naming spots because 'nobody' fishes tigers' anyway,,,I commute past this lake everyday to work and its rare to see anybody.

Actually next tuesday were having a tiger muskie seminar at our Muskies inc chapter by the guy who caught the state record,,your welcome to attend to learn how to "catchem",,check the club section of this webboard I'll list the details

Edited by happy hooker 6/7/2007 9:10 AM
schrump
Posted 6/7/2007 10:34 AM (#259834 - in reply to #259816)

Cedar can also be really good from shore. It's not quite a weedy as Calhoun and Harriet and pretty much most of the shoreline is fishable.
CommonSense Guy
Posted 6/7/2007 11:32 AM (#259851 - in reply to #259773)
Subject: RE: lake harriet

I caught my first 3 muskies from shore on Harriet when I was young. Used to fish off the old dock which has now been moved. The area by the band shelter is pretty good and not as many weeds. Same with the beaches. The south side fishing dock is good as well. The only probelm is you get the fanatic vegan animal lovers yelling at you.

But just tell them you are trying to protect the children. You know they all read that article in the Red Star about the kid getting bit by an "angry" muskie.
uptown
Posted 6/7/2007 10:54 PM (#259961 - in reply to #259851)

Brian,
I live between Harriet and Calhoun. I walk down to both to test lures. I would say that Calhoun is more shore friendly. The Culverts and the docks all hold fish. You probably won't catch anything huge, but I have had a 5 fish day(actually less than an hour and half), just dorking around at the same spot.

Joe
Trueglide.com
Capt bigfish
Posted 6/8/2007 4:50 PM (#260076 - in reply to #259961)

Joe, who are the Culverts? How many could have you caught if you had hooks on?
You sure have come a long way since Camp Crappie. I'll meet you at the boat ramp one day and can you show me those spots? capt roughfish
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)