Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Nickel vs. Black Nickel Blades

Message Subject: Nickel vs. Black Nickel Blades
Posted 6/6/2007 1:23 PM (#259695)
Subject: Nickel vs. Black Nickel Blades

Just wondering what the selling point is in choosing to use Black Nickel blades over the Nickel blades. I'm not talking about black blades. But black nickel. If you haven't seen them, they are almost a dark or tinted nickel. What would make a person choose the black nickel over the more common nickel blades? I had never seen these black nickel blades until just recently.
jonnysled
Posted 6/6/2007 1:30 PM (#259697 - in reply to #259695)
Subject: Re: Nickel vs. Black Nickel Blades

i thought about black blades when Corey caught a monster last year on one last year and then the camp started going with the spray paint trying to have more than one in the water ... LOL

there is a black and black ... and a black and black nickel in my box ... following or superstition ... never believed in any of it but now i do especially on eagle where a distinct color seems to get them hot over another one. from a guy who never threw a bucktail, i've now got and am getting almost every combination i can for the very reason that you ask this question. but i don't have an answer LOL
MuskyStalker
Posted 6/6/2007 2:37 PM (#259709 - in reply to #259695)

In real clear water, especially on bright days, I think the bright flash of chrome can be too much. I have had great success with black nickel, even on dark days.
esoxaddict
Posted 6/6/2007 2:46 PM (#259715 - in reply to #259709)

I don't think it matters on most water, but I agree with Stalker. Super clear lakes on really bright days would be where I'd use them.
C.Painter
Posted 6/7/2007 8:22 AM (#259806 - in reply to #259715)

Well EA...you weren't on Eagle last year then where you

We even had Herbie over at the cabin painting up a couple blades flat black. For some reason they wanted it all black for that period of time last year....I hooked 9 fish last trip including a 50 and a 51.5 that went ~42 lbs....hence the drive for folks for the all black.

Now, Herbie DID had good luck on the black nickel blades as well earlier in the year. I like the idea that the chrome is REALLY bright...and the black nickel is not as offensive....I don't have any black nickel ones....but might have to pick one up!!

Cory
Partycrasher
Posted 6/8/2007 8:08 AM (#259981 - in reply to #259695)

Black nickels are great for night fishing bucktails and spinnerbaits.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)