Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Time to write another letter

Message Subject: Time to write another letter
Muskie Treats
Posted 5/31/2007 8:48 PM (#258893)
Subject: Time to write another letter

I just heard about this on KFAN Outdoors:

http://www.ussportsmen.org/Read.cfm?ID=2031
Derrys
Posted 5/31/2007 11:17 PM (#258905 - in reply to #258893)
Subject: Re: Time to write another letter

How serious is this? I remember about 10 years ago when PETA held a anti-fishing rally deal, stating something about how fish feel pain and so forth. A PETA representative came with a guy dressed in a fish suit. They were the only people who showed up for the rally, and PETA's anti-fishing protests at that level were pretty much dropped at that point. Let me know just how serious this issue is and who to write to, and I'll look into it. Thanks Shawn.
mikie
Posted 6/1/2007 5:50 AM (#258910 - in reply to #258893)

Dude, this is MICROSOFT, who has more money than God. That makes it serious. Thanks, Treats, for the heads up. m
Derrys
Posted 6/1/2007 6:15 AM (#258914 - in reply to #258893)

I thought I read something about this organization before. Something about how this is NOT the same Humane Society that tries to save cats and dogs, but a different organization altogether. Can anyone verify that? I doubt that if you call that phone number you will actually get to speak with Bill Gates, but the address is there. Thanks again Shawn. Let the letter writing begin.
gtp888
Posted 6/1/2007 6:17 AM (#258915 - in reply to #258893)
Subject: RE: Time to write another letter

IMO, it should be taken seriously simply b/c it's backed by Microsoft and as Mikie said, they have more money than God. Money does a lot of things in this world. On the other hand, I seriously believe there are enough hunters and fisherman who could put this threat down pretty easily if the situation came to the point of rights being threatened.

I sent the link to a buddy of mine last nite. He said he's going to write. That's one more for our side!

PETA is a joke. Their agenda is radical and have no grass roots support to offset hunting/fishing rights. Microsoft, however, is the 800 pound gorillie that finds a way to have it's agendas met.

This is another example of why meetings like the Conservation Congress are important. Support these meetings and get involved, even if only to have your opinion heard.
lots of luck
Posted 6/1/2007 7:39 AM (#258922 - in reply to #258893)

I enjoyed your piece on KFAN last night.

Need more Muskie talk on the KFAN outdoors.

I'll be looking for those crappies!
mikie
Posted 6/1/2007 7:55 AM (#258924 - in reply to #258893)

you are correct. The Humane Society of the United States ( http://www.hsus.org/) is NOT the American Humane Society( http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer). Search the first site for "fishing" and you'll learn about fish feeling pain! m
Derrys
Posted 6/1/2007 7:57 AM (#258925 - in reply to #258893)

Thanks Mikie. I wasn't quite sure about that. I appreciate the reply.
Muskie Treats
Posted 6/1/2007 8:34 AM (#258928 - in reply to #258893)

LOL, thanks for the kind words. I'm going to try to get them to do a segment every couple months. I'll be seeing those guys at some of the fish-a-thon events that we sponsor. We need to get the word out on the muskie resource and hopefully increase awareness of the need for more bodies of water.

As for this Microsoft thing, if everyone were to send a letter or email it probably wouldn't be too hard for us to get our message across to Microsoft. I'm sure that they picked these guys because someone in the group is anti-hunting, but if their superiors find out there's a negative backlash to this they'll pull the plug.

crackpot
Posted 6/1/2007 8:47 AM (#258933 - in reply to #258893)

I'm officially done buying microsoft products.
esoxaddict
Posted 6/1/2007 11:40 AM (#258972 - in reply to #258893)

buncha fruitcakes living in some city somewhere in a tiny apartment with their cats, only wild animal they ever saw was either a pigeon or a squirrel, think the dinner they just ordered at the restaurant died of natural causes after a lifetime of roaming the open plains... They're either all Vegan and the lack of protien has rotted their brains (gotta kill a plant to eat it) or they just forgot the fact that people need to have something to EAT, which unfortunately requres that someone to either kill that food or have somebody do it for them.

What's even MORE stupid is that they think they can actually outlaw hunting and fishing and we'll all just walk around eating rice and tofu living in harmony with all the little furry animals, fartin rainbows and holding hands around the campfire singing friggin Kumbya all #*^@ day...

Are we on the same PLANET or what?

Edited by esoxaddict 6/1/2007 11:43 AM
musky-skunk
Posted 6/1/2007 1:02 PM (#258990 - in reply to #258893)

NO, were not on the same planet.. becouse there in a whole nother world! I truly feel sorry for them, never seeing an eagle nab a fish, a goose or turkey working into the decoys, never seeing a sunrise/set the way they were intended and most of all never having a giant musky getting stuck in the face as it eats at boatside.

Fish might feel pain, but I don't care! If fishing was ok to the Apostles, and Christ used fish along with bread to feed the crowds of believers following him, then fishing is ok to me also. Ooops, I mentioned "Christ", I guess that makes me an ignorant, intollerant gay hater, so my vote doesn't count.

I sound barky I know, I just get tired of these idiots that can walk past someone starving on the street and feel disgusted at how dirty they are, and yet they get set off when somone swats a mosquito.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)