Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> A tragedy has occurred
 
Message Subject: A tragedy has occurred

Posted 3/27/2002 8:13 PM (#2141)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Help me come to grips with what can only be termed as a mostly Heinous event. My wife put the foot down and said "NO MORE MUSKY TACKLE OR EQUIPMENT". How will I survive? What should I do? Do I kick her to the curb or do I keep her and abide by her rules? Is love stronger than fishing equipment? The Humanity of it all!!!!!

Dave

Posted 3/27/2002 8:21 PM (#27583)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Dave,

Do not despair. You must now rely on your powers of deceit. Start off small at first, ?cause you?re gonna get caught. You?ll get better with practice, though. God will understand, so don?t worry about the sin part.

Glad I could help.

Posted 3/27/2002 8:24 PM (#27584)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Go look at divanis site www.lurebuilding.nl print some of the lure stencils, and go make some of your own baits...this should take care of necassary lures.

Good luck,
MJB

Posted 3/27/2002 8:24 PM (#27585)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


(Hey, look what happend with the ? marks They were apostrophes in Word before I cut and pasted the post.)

Posted 3/27/2002 8:25 PM (#27586)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Say your going to make the tackle from now on. Go buy all the equiptment needed to build bucktails and jerkbaits and see what she says.

Then build all of them on the kitchen table..She will cave in after that.[;)]

Posted 3/27/2002 8:37 PM (#27587)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Hey Dave what Jason says actually works...


Posted 3/27/2002 8:47 PM (#27588)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Dave, I bet you will look great this summer on the chain, fishing in your sundress.

Keep buying baits. Better to ask forgiveness then ask permission.

[:devil:]

Posted 3/27/2002 9:26 PM (#27589)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Buy her totally off the wall lovey dovey stuff for awhile, then get functional, and get her something she has wanted for the house. Buy flowers, unexpectedly, and at any time, without a holiday involved.

Then this all won't matter, because you will not have any money left, anyway.[:((]

Posted 3/27/2002 10:02 PM (#27590)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


C'mon Dave, You are paid to be a controller for a enterprise much larger then your personal checkbook. Apply those controller skills to your personal finances. I'm no model citizen but try my method....get a hold of the checkbook and DON'T LET GO! My wife doesn't even look in the check book. A while back I took it and now I do all the entries, debit or deposit. Every once in a while b*tch at her for not giving me all her ATM receipts and that keeps her thinking I'm doing a better job then she would with it....ala now I can get away with virtually anything, financially speaking, within reason.

Posted 3/28/2002 6:58 AM (#27591)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


ET has a word for this " OUUUUCH"


Posted 3/28/2002 7:03 AM (#27592)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Know where you're coming from. I was not barred from muskie equipment although she did spank me last week when I bought a new reel. I have decided to go into a holding pattern and circle for a while so as not to push the tolerance envelope.

Together as one, we will overcome.

Posted 3/28/2002 7:20 AM (#27593)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Ok, thanks for the responses I have two basic take aways from this.

First

Most Musky fishermen believe in deceit and personal agenda - thats good to know because I believe in that as well.

Second

ToddM apparently thinks I have nice legs and wants me to show them off this summer.

Dave

Posted 3/28/2002 7:30 AM (#27594)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


No deceit, just sneaky, I remember one year we came into some unexpected cash(Bonus pay From job)there were a lot of things we needed for the house so I sat down and made up a list of the items
buried in the middle of the list was a Shimano Millionaire reel($250), I gave the list to my wife and asked her to see if I missed any thing she looked it over and said looks good so out I went shopping, got everything on the list. When I got home and started unpacking the new stuff she saw the reel and started to complain about it I told her IT WAS ON THE LIST that she approved. well i got away with it this time but now she reads my shopping lists very carefully[:devil:]

Posted 3/28/2002 7:33 AM (#27595)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Tell her you'll deal make a deal with her. You'll stop buying musky stuff, if she'll stop buying new clothes. If you have to use your lures over and over, then she'll have to wear the same outfit over and over. I bet it's not too long until your back in the groove. I find it truly amazing how a woman can have a whole closet, packed and over flowing with clothes, and still say, "I don't have anything to wear."


Pat

Posted 3/28/2002 7:41 AM (#27596)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Dave ,
Just hide the new baits in the garage or put them right in the tackle box. (Oh yes honey, I had that lure for a long time, it's my favorite)
Wait till you get with your buddy's to break them out and admire them.
I used to have that problem with my "EX" girlfriend, notice I said "EX"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:halo:]

Posted 3/28/2002 7:50 AM (#27597)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Just buy them with cash. I take cash every week for lunch, or other things that come up. I go to lunch, and look at fishing lures. Every so often you just buy one. If she asks where the money went, say you went out to lunch with the guys from work. Now she doesn't have to know it was McDonald's for $2.99 and Mills Fleet farm for $11.99. She just has to know that you cash went down about $16.00.[;)]

Lance

Posted 3/28/2002 9:42 AM (#27598)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


My lures seem to reproduce all on their own, just like my rifles. I put my .22 next to my .410 and next time I looked I had a new .223 coyote gun! So I put a gold and black rapala in next to a jake, and the next time I looked there was a whole litter of 5-6" Slammers!
Don't ask me how it happens!
-ost

Posted 3/28/2002 9:48 AM (#27599)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Just leave her. Heck there are more women out there than there is muskie tackle and gear. If she caves in this time the problem will surely arise again later anyway. [;)]

Posted 3/28/2002 10:38 AM (#27600)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Be sure to paint them in the basement with the funace vents open, Be sure to use the worst smelling paint and clear coat you can, That will make her push you to the sport shop.
Don

Posted 3/28/2002 11:37 AM (#27601)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


My wife and I have a "don't ask/don't tell" approach to our "vices"...she collects Longaber Baskets (at roughly $40-400 per basket...and God knows she has several). Her baskets holds bread, dip, veggies ... my "vice" provides hours of enjoyment that no condiment can rival.

Posted 3/28/2002 3:17 PM (#27602)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Take her out in the boat teach her how to muskie fish, once she gets the hang of it, tell her she needs some of her "own" baits for when she goes.

Posted 3/28/2002 3:33 PM (#27603)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


FishWithTeeth has a bigger problem then you do Dave. Longaberger baskets???!!! My wife came home with exactly one of those before I put my foot down. We pretty much have a don't ask don't tell relationship also but those are OUTRAGEOUS. The one she came home with was over a hundo and all it does is sit in the cabinet until the one or two times she gets it out for guests. What a joke. A similar basket could be bought in a store for aobut $20 or less but because some multi-level marketing scheme that rivals Mary Kay got involved our wives get suckered for hundreds. I wonder how much those poor Amish people see out of that $100 basket they make for Longaberger?

Posted 3/28/2002 4:13 PM (#27604)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


My Neighbor sells those ****ing things. I hate them --- Death to Longaberger.

Posted 3/28/2002 5:33 PM (#27605)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Tommy Mac obviously has a talent for arriving at the most simple and sure solution to this dilemma. "Just leave her.", he said. Now, if a bunch of us were to take this approach all at the sme time, we could pitch in and hire one reeeeeaaaaalllly sleazy lawyer [:knockout:]. Our motto can be, "She's turnin' forty so I'm tradin' her in for two twenties."[:0]

Posted 3/28/2002 6:57 PM (#27606)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Dave, let me know if you need my lady sunbeam or some nair. I had it way worse then you 100X. I sold my boat cause I did not want to see it die a slow lonely death in the barn. Within a month of my divorce settlement I had me a boat.[;)]

Posted 3/28/2002 7:24 PM (#27607)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Derek, I tried that with my wife and guns. She caught on real quick. Like damn near every time I wanted to go shoot I heard "Isn't that my gun?"

I got sick of it so now I musky fish with MY equipment.


Posted 3/28/2002 8:56 PM (#27608)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Derek, if you need to stash anything,I'm just down the street.[;)]

Posted 3/29/2002 6:21 AM (#27609)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred


Hey Jeff, haven't seen you for a while. Stopped in the store last week but your kid was sick and you weren't there. As a matter of fact, that's where I bought the reel that got me in trouble. Will try again sometime.


Posted 3/30/2002 9:41 PM (#27610)
Subject: A tragedy has occurred



PAY IN CASH!! NO PAPER TRAIL.....
MY HUSBAND WOULD DIE IF HE KNEW WHAT I'VE SPENT ON HUNTING GEAR ALONE! I JUST DOESN'T SEEM FAIR DOES IT? AS A MUSKY JUNKIE TOO, I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION. CASH, IT'S THE ONLY OPTION.....
IF IT GETS "REALLY" BAD, LET US KNOW AND WE CAN TAKE UP A COLLECTION![;)]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)