Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Topwater- When has it worked when you...
 
Message Subject: Topwater- When has it worked when you...

Posted 3/27/2002 8:35 PM (#1563)
Subject: Topwater- When has it worked when you...


Topwater baits...

When have you had luck with Topwater baits when you didn't expect to?

My example would be last years Cass Lake tournament and finding the fish on top in over 20'+ of water. Not my usual top water presentation.

How about you?

Posted 3/27/2002 8:41 PM (#27611)
Subject: Topwater- When has it worked when you...


When I expected to have luck: When its a nice 10 mph chop with 65 degree water temp in June.

When didn' I expect to have luck: When its flat calm, 45 degree air temp, 55 degree water temp in May....Amazed me, and I got my net wet.[;)]

Posted 3/27/2002 8:46 PM (#27612)
Subject: Topwater- When has it worked when you...


I don't throw topwater until the ice melts, and I don't stop until freeze up! I have done especially well in the late fall after the water temperature was below the supposed magic "60 degree" barrier. I do my best when there
is substantial wave action.

Posted 3/27/2002 8:58 PM (#27613)
Subject: Topwater- When has it worked when you...


I throw them whenever the water temps are over 50, and have done well with suspended, reef related, weedline, and slop fish. The biggest surprise came years ago when I tried a Flaptail in REALLY rough water for the first time, and had great success.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)