Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> User ON-LINE....

Message Subject: User ON-LINE....
Donnie3737
Posted 4/26/2007 3:10 PM (#252989)
Subject: User ON-LINE....

I'm not sure if anyone has actually followed it, but I've been watching the number of users on at any one time. It has been neat to watch it's growth these past 5 or 6 years. The ideas and insights on this board can be very well used...and I find many of them very helpful. Thanks Muskie First (Steve Worrall and crew) for an awesome website for us to visit!

Donnie
mikie
Posted 4/27/2007 12:05 PM (#253229 - in reply to #252989)
Subject: Re: User ON-LINE....

Every now & then I'll browse back thru the archives to the first couple dozen pages - the Genesis of Muskie First! - and read some of those gems. Sponge was really on top of his game back then, and the topics that were posted by the moderator were interesting and prompted lots of discussion.
We've got a great playground, here. m
hotlanta
Posted 4/27/2007 3:25 PM (#253274 - in reply to #253229)

Donnie
Since I started visiting this site 2 years ago most everyone that visits or runs the site has been real nice to this ole rednecked cracker from Georgia. Thanks for the ability to learn from Ya'll. Chris
Mikes Extreme
Posted 4/27/2007 4:41 PM (#253285 - in reply to #253274)

This site was started way back as muskiecentrol, then became the mighty MuskieFIRST. I have been lucky to be here from the start. What a great site this is.

OutdoorFIRST is the leader for all your fishing needs and wants. There is not anything that can not be reached by our site or users. I have yet to see a question go very long without an answer by multiple people. So many talented people all working together to help others learn, teach, share, etc.

Online users are now in the 70 to 100's most of the time during the normal days. The sky is the limit. Enjoy the ride everyone.
Ranger
Posted 4/27/2007 7:08 PM (#253308 - in reply to #252989)

I've been playing on M1 for about 6 years now. Some of my best friends are those I met thru this site, including those I spent time with while attending outings. Some of my M1 buds are those who hold political and other heavy values that are totally opposite of my own. But the muskie jones we share trumps our differences and so we can discuss or even debate hard-core "stuff" (i.e., Iraq war). I benefit from alternative views and we rarely pull our guns so quickly anymore. (Though I was almost "dropped" by Nightmare back over the winter.) In the old days, I was a lefty who shot from the hip, very quick on the draw. I'm still a liberal but I've learned to listen better and keep the pistol out of sight.

It is of occassional interest to me to consider that other long-time M1 vets have watched me evolve from there to here. I been thru lots of changes these past few years, and all my stumbles and all my achievements are directly or indirectly recorded on M1. For good or ill.

BTW - Extreme Mike above is an example of a regular I've met in person a few times thru the years. We're not great buds or anything, but I sure learned a lot from him.

Edited by Ranger 4/27/2007 7:11 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)