Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> How was the Ohio Show?

Message Subject: How was the Ohio Show?
Don
Posted 2/25/2007 7:30 PM (#241448)
Subject: How was the Ohio Show?

I went on friday and didn't see alot of people, hopefully it got better on saturday. For the vendors and those who went what did you think?

Don
go browns
Posted 2/25/2007 7:56 PM (#241456 - in reply to #241448)
Subject: RE: How was the Ohio Show?

was there sat from about 2-6 i thought was pretty busy. had a good selection on lures, but i was hoping to see some tuff shads, weagles, and gapens. i thought the buckeye cafe was a great place to have it.attended greg thomas seminar and thought it was pretty good. would have like to see a little more home made stuff and a little less comm stuff.
danny
Posted 2/25/2007 8:09 PM (#241458 - in reply to #241448)

Show all in all pretty good. Attendance down some but it looked like sales were doing okay. For all who missed it the lure swap was enjoyable it allowed several of us to put some faces with the names and have decent time doing it. Thanks to Capt. Harry,Bluegill,Raze,ToddM,Muskie E, and Doug, I had fun look forward to seeing you guys again.

Danny
MikeHulbert
Posted 2/25/2007 9:05 PM (#241466 - in reply to #241448)
Subject: Re: How was the Ohio Show?

The show was great. I was very happy with the turn out, as there was a record attendance on Saturday.

Thanks to all who attended and took the time to stop by my booth.
bluegill
Posted 2/25/2007 9:28 PM (#241469 - in reply to #241448)

I enjoyed myself, came home with some new baits, some new old baits, and some faces to put with names. Even managed to get back home before the ice hit. Thanks to those that stayed for the swap/social, especially to Danny for making the arraingements. Hope to see you and even more folks next year.

Eric
ToddM
Posted 2/25/2007 9:42 PM (#241470 - in reply to #241448)

I really enjoyed the show and helped MuskieE with his rubberhairy tackle booth. It is the best venue in musky fishing by far and alot of fun. Danny ended up with a perfect spot for the swap and next year I hope it gets real big. It should. It literally was right there when you walk out of the show.

Hulbert, what happened, you were bragging up how nobody could beat you at that game, I sat down, never played it before and beat your ARSE! Oh, I know, indiana driver!lol
RAZE1
Posted 2/25/2007 11:13 PM (#241485 - in reply to #241470)

I had the Caramelized Salmon
A Hall of Fame favorite. Fresh salmon pan seared with
a sweet crust, served over mashed potatoes with roasted
corn, mushrooms and fresh spinach, then drizzled with
aged balsamic vinegar

I give this plate 3 stars!

I got to meet a bunch of folks and bought some baits. Saturday night ToddM was "pivot man" as to be expected..
muskie_man
Posted 2/26/2007 5:56 AM (#241512 - in reply to #241448)

The show was crazy busy when i got there on Saturday! The show was alright except i was a little disappointed seeing that some of the vendors that was on the vendor list was not there. One of my favorites at the previous ohio shows was Guides Choice, which was not there. This makes 2 straight muskie weekends in columbus where we had to drive home in an ice storm after dark. And that aint fun!!!

Edited by muskie_man 2/26/2007 5:57 AM
mikie
Posted 2/26/2007 6:26 AM (#241515 - in reply to #241448)

I really wasn't into it this year, had my mind somewhere else. Hung around with some real good folks for a while and that helped to 'get my mind right'. Didn't buy nearly enough stuff but the companionship was stellar. m
willeysbucktails
Posted 2/26/2007 3:11 PM (#241645 - in reply to #241456)

I had a great show. It was great seeing repeat customers from last year and seeing some of the PA boys from defunct 3 Rivers show. Record attendance Saturday good numbers Friday and Sunday was just OK. Thanks to all my patrons and see you next year.
ps Ross cannot sing...................jw
LarryJones
Posted 2/26/2007 3:52 PM (#241656 - in reply to #241448)

I was glad to see Saturday have a good turn out. I had a lot of fun there myself and look forward to being there again next year. The only disapointment was that most of the PA Tackle Co's did not attend. Many thanks to all those who picked up one of my New FatBoy Crank Baits as well.

Capt. Larry D. Jones
CAPTHARRY
Posted 2/26/2007 3:52 PM (#241657 - in reply to #241448)

HOW COULD YOU NOT HAVE A BLAST! WE WASNT AT HOME, NEXT STOP THE LAKE. HAD A GREAT TIME. CAPT.HARRY
Tom Dietz
Posted 2/26/2007 7:17 PM (#241691 - in reply to #241448)

I enjoyed seeing many of you at the show this weekend, and thanks to all who attended my seminar on Friday night. The Frabill Booth I was working was very busy and I sold a lot of nets on Friday and Saturday. Booked a number of guide trips for the Spring and met some great people! Saw lots of neat new lures, including some awesome new Bulldawg colors and I was very impressed with Chad Cain's new DC-10 and Double-8 bucktails from Llungen Lures along with Musky Magic Tackle's new Shakee Tails. I picked up a neat shallow Manta in a color we don't carry at Gander from Rollie & Helen's and it was great to see my good friend and Rollie's employee, Pete Stoltman, from St. Germain and catch up with him for a bit. Larry Carr from Navionics was working next to me and we had a great time talking muskies and turkey hunting between customers. Jim Bortz was his usual animated self in the Musky Hunter Booth!

A HUGE thank you goes to show promoter Ross Wagner, for keeping the show going strong in Columbus and for providing us vendors breakfast and dinner on Saturday!!!!

As you can see below, I wore my Wisconsin sweatshirt on Sunday, only to see my Badgers lose by one point later in the day! It was a great basketball game however, and hopefully we'll play OSU in the tourney again.

I am headed to Chicago for the Muskie Extreme Show to give a seminar at 3:00pm on Friday. Hope to see a bunch of old friends from Chi-town there and if any of you are going, please make a point to say hello either Friday or Saturday!

Sincerely,

Tom Dietz
Please release 'em to fight again!
><(((((*>

Edited by Tom Dietz 2/26/2007 7:27 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(2007Ohioshowpic.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2007Ohioshowpic.jpg (27KB - 114 downloads)
Ross Wagner
Posted 2/27/2007 12:57 PM (#241842 - in reply to #241448)

Guys:

Thanks for your support. Everyone is correct, Attendance Friday and Sunday was down but we did make up for it and then some on Saturday. Total show attendance was up 27%..

I am glad you were able to pull off the lure swap and I applogize I was not able to attend, I had to take take care of my vendors.

I got a lot of ideas from vendors and attendees on how to improve the show and based on some leads I received over the weekend, I already have three new manufactures for next year and based on the repeat verble committments I am confident I will should sell out of booths next year.

I try to blend the right combination of manufactures and retail, as well as guides, and resorts and because of this year's attendance all that supported will help the show grow in 2008.

Once again thanks for coming out and Hope to see you on the water

Ross
MuskieE
Posted 3/1/2007 7:05 PM (#242359 - in reply to #241448)

Was a good show,great crowd,good food,Got to see some new faces.Learned that ross cant sing,and greg thomas was handing out applications for a wife!Glad I didnt get one.
LCinOH
Posted 3/1/2007 10:10 PM (#242376 - in reply to #241448)

Since I didn't have to be at the Bassmaster Classic this year, I took the opportunity to get in on one of the booths that cancelled. It won't be the last time. Navionics will be back, Ross, if I don't get sent to some other 'bass' show next year. A lot of interest in Navionics and it is one of the few shows in my territory that I get to work and still sleep in my own bed (wink wink).

Great to see a lot of my old friends from the Central OH Chapter of Muskies INC. I have been travleing so much I don't get as much time to get to the meetings so this was a great time to promote Navionics and catch up on all the musky scuttlebutt.

Good seeing ya Neil O'B, Tom D (We ARE going turkey huntin this spring, Mr. Dietz!!!), Jim Saric, Ross W, Randy, Tom, Crash, Chris H, Tony G, and meet the great crew from Rollie and Helens. And especially to meet a lot of the new generation of musky finatics from the Cnetral OH Chapter!

As MacArthur said.."I will be back."

WishinIwasFishin!

Larry Carr
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)