Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Pink Days for large muskies????

Message Subject: Pink Days for large muskies????
Josh_Borovsky
Posted 2/27/2007 10:02 PM (#241941 - in reply to #241788)
Subject: RE: Pink Days for large muskies????

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I'm so late on getting in on this. I've got a million things going on right now so I have to keep my post brief (or try to). My article in the Fall 2004 issue of Esox Angler covers all of this in detail so there is a reference for you that will be more detailed than I have time for right now.

Basically, what I am doing is looking for the days when the moon is closest to earth (perigee being the closest and 3 days either side) if any of those days overlap with the three days before, after, or day of a new moon or full moon I expect big things to happen. That is the short version although not complete.

There are other factors to consider as well such as the high/low moon cycle and important peaks and valleys in catch rates on particular bodies of water, peaks and valleys in fish pressure, bait fish migrations, etc. All this ties into my "transparency theory" which I talk about in the article.

The more good things that come together in one place, the more likely something big will happen. For example, October 23rd through October 30th, 2007. I will bet a lot of money a 50lb. fish will be taken that week and probably more than one. And I really will bet a lot of money if anyone wants to take the bet.

Also there's more to it than just fishing on those days. The idea is to take full advantage of all the lunar windows you are presented with for that specific day as well. It seems like things happen when they are supposed to happen on these days. Which makes picking off a big girl you saw earlier a little more predictable.

Gotta run guys.

Tight Lines.

- Josh
C.Painter
Posted 2/28/2007 12:02 PM (#242045 - in reply to #241788)
Subject: RE: Pink Days for large muskies????

If you want to get into some serious data crunching programs this one will do...

http://www.starlight.demon.co.uk/mooncalc/

Cory
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)