Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> new batteries ????

Message Subject: new batteries ????
cjrich
Posted 2/1/2007 2:34 PM (#235581)
Subject: new batteries ????

I need some new batteries for my boat.I am driving half-way across the country soon and figured I would pick them up somewhere along the way and save on the shipping. I have heard nothing but great things about Trojans ... the only problem being I cannot find anyone who actually sells them.

Cabela's sells their own brand of AGM batteries. Does anyone have experience with either of these brands, and if so, I would greatly appreciate knowing which brands and/or models you chose for your boat.

I run a 17 foot Crestliner with an 80 lb Maxxum Pro. Two trolling motor batteries up front and the crank in the rear (3-bank on-board charger) so I suppose they call this a 24v system?????

I called Trojan in California, but they have not returned the call.

Thanks,
Craig

Edited by cjrich 2/1/2007 2:35 PM
Driver9
Posted 2/1/2007 3:07 PM (#235596 - in reply to #235581)
Subject: RE: new batteries ????

I have a 24V Power Drive 70# and I run two Interstate AGMs. The will last a few days of heavy trolling before needing a recharge. I fish mostly Rivers with fairly heavy current, so I usually have the Trolling motor speed on constant and set pretty high. I have been using Interstates for years and have been very happy with their performance as well as long life. You get what you pay for when it comes to batteries. Trojans seem to be very popular also. Optima are great as well- they are owned by Interstate Batteries.
Posted 2/1/2007 3:10 PM (#235597 - in reply to #235581)

One more thought about the Interstates -you can buy them at most Automotive Repair shops if they don't stock them you can usually have them within a week. you can also get them warrantied there if for some reason they were to fail prematurely.
cjrich
Posted 2/1/2007 3:30 PM (#235604 - in reply to #235581)

Thank you.

So what I am hearing from you guys so far is that AGM batteries are superior, not specifically the brand of AGM (I have the usual Interstate batteries for the past three seasons and have had no complaints).

It's just time for new ones, and I have decided to get AGM's.

I'd like to hear some more about this.

Is the life increased if one waits until the batteries are almost depleted (AGM's)? I plug my charger in after every time out.

Craig

Edited by cjrich 2/1/2007 3:33 PM
muskie! nut
Posted 2/1/2007 5:58 PM (#235647 - in reply to #235581)

Try Greg here in Madison WI. He's been a great supporter of our Cap City chapter and has great deals on many kind of batteries.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(badgerbattery1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments badgerbattery1.JPG (80KB - 124 downloads)
cjrich
Posted 2/1/2007 6:20 PM (#235657 - in reply to #235581)

Will do. Thanks a lot.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)