Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Map Cards

Message Subject: Map Cards
Brad
Posted 1/23/2007 7:21 AM (#233778)
Subject: Map Cards

I recently bought a Navionics Map Card for my GPS in the boat. My questions is, can I view the maps from my home computer or does it only work in the GPS? Thanks

Brad
VMS
Posted 1/23/2007 7:35 AM (#233780 - in reply to #233778)
Subject: RE: Map Cards

There are programs out there that allow you to view them, but they are expensive.

I read somewhere as well, that if you go to the GPS company's website, they may have an emulator that you can download that may (or may not) allow you to view the card... I am unsure on that.

I've tried downloading the emulator for mine and cannot seem to get it to work. I'll keep trying though.

Steve
Brad
Posted 1/23/2007 12:54 PM (#233865 - in reply to #233780)

Thanks. I downloaded the emulator which works just like my sonar unit, but I haven't been able to load the map yet. it gives me the option to pick the map, but the screen doesn't look any different from the generic map on the sonar. I'm going to keep playing around with it.......
ChinWhiskers
Posted 1/23/2007 1:04 PM (#233868 - in reply to #233778)

I Think you can get a map reader from radio shak for about $40.00 give them a call and ask them. I know you can plug it into your computer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)