Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Cast over by that rock, there's always a fish by that rock...
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Double Bladed Bucktails 2

Message Subject: Double Bladed Bucktails 2
Grunt Lures
Posted 1/16/2007 7:33 PM (#232665)
Subject: Double Bladed Bucktails 2

Not sure why but the thread was frozen??? IF the moderator who froze it woudl shoot me a PM I woud like to know why if possible.
Thanks.

Aaron, yes I agree. Many more than 200 50+ inchers have been caught on the Cowgirl that are not reported. A guy I work with who is a muskie NUT has 1 in 2006 and 1 in 2005 on the Cowgirl that he did not report on the Muskies Inc site. A 50.5" and a 52.5". He likes to keep his lakes and lures quiet. Hilarious too as he will doctor pictures before he shows anyone pictures of his fish.

James
r.j.
Posted 1/16/2007 9:17 PM (#232689 - in reply to #232665)
Subject: RE: Double Bladed Bucktails 2

What is the thickness of the blades on the double cowgirl. You are right they are a great big fish bait with their large profile in the water. The only problem I have is with the blades warping after many hours of fishing so they become very hard to start.
Grunt Lures
Posted 1/16/2007 10:11 PM (#232702 - in reply to #232689)
Subject: RE: Double Bladed Bucktails 2

First, I LOVE the Cowgirls! Got 3 of them.

I just measured my gold blade on one of them and it was 0.026". That was with a digital caliper (science geek tools). But, like Aaron pointed out, these may give much better vibration than the big ones. Plus, the big ones do cost more. I have only heard of a few people warping the blades, one being a friend of mine. He destroyed a Cowgirl on Lake of the Woods after a week. As he put it, "That #*^@ girl put fish in my boat! She gave it her all for well over 10 hours of hard fishing and that is all I can ask of her." I still have yet to see the Cowgirl he said the blades warped on. To me it seems hard to believe they woudl warp much if at all but, I have heard of the problem. The few times I have heard of this happening it always comes form a hard core muskie fisherman that puts the lure to the test for hours and hours. I know I will be buying more at the Medina show! I have one with half an orange blade and need more after what I heard in 2006 of how well the ornage bladed Cowgirls produced.

JMO,
James

http://www.extrememuskieexpo.com/minnesota.htm
Minnesota
January 27, 28 & 29
Medina Entertainment Center
Medina, MN

Show Hours
Friday 2pm to 9pm
Saturday 10am to 7pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm

Admission