Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Night fishing...Glow or NO?

Message Subject: Night fishing...Glow or NO?
Beaver
Posted 1/10/2007 5:25 PM (#231455)
Subject: Night fishing...Glow or NO?

I'm making a few 10" gliders. I did a couple with prism tape, a couple that were Pearl Crushed Ice.
Then I found a package of 3 sheets of Glow in The Dark Pearl Ice. It's an awesome daytime color, but when I turned
off the lights I almost crapped. I made everything glow tape except for the head...it has big glowing eyes too....the top and bottom, those I painted black.
So, is this something that you night timers would be interested in?
Is glow a good option for night time muskies like it is for walleyes?
This glider moves about 3 feet on the glide, then just hangs there until you give it another yank.
I thought that the combination of flourescent glow, big profile and a slow, easy to eat presentation would be a killer, but I rarely fish at night.
Opinions please. I want to know if I should bother making 10 of them.
Any other night time glider tips would be appreciated. Let me know what your preferences are if you fish gliders at night. This lure will move a whole lot of water, and would probably produce anyway, but do I need the lure to glow or just a strip on top so it's easy for you to see.
Thanks,
Beav
ESOX Maniac
Posted 1/10/2007 6:06 PM (#231470 - in reply to #231455)
Subject: RE: Night fishing...Glow or NO?

Beav- If you make them. I'll take one off your hands.

Have fun!
Al
Beaver
Posted 1/11/2007 8:06 PM (#231790 - in reply to #231455)

I'll make a few of the 10"ers.
Like I said, without the glow, they are still an awesome daytime lure with one of the coolest cracked pearl finishes that I've ever seen.
Beav
Shep
Posted 1/12/2007 9:07 AM (#231851 - in reply to #231790)

I don't have a good answer for whether the glow is effective on muskies at night or not. But I would like to see it on the top of baits, so I can see what the bait is doing at night.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 1/12/2007 10:04 AM (#231859 - in reply to #231851)

White or glow on top of a bait is always welcome day or night. I will add this to some of my baits to make it easer for clients to see them coming. I like this on baits, maybe some fishermen might not because it doesn't look natural. The fish will only see it as you take it out of their mouth. LOL

I say add it!!!
JohnMD
Posted 1/12/2007 10:24 AM (#231860 - in reply to #231859)

I just put a small glow bead on the end of my line just above the leader, this helps to determine when to start a fig 8 and helps prevent the leader from running through the tip guide

Mikes Extreme
Posted 1/12/2007 10:36 AM (#231861 - in reply to #231860)

I use a slip bobber knot about a foot and a half up from the leader. When you feel the tic, figure 8. I still like the glow or white for the visual.
curleytail
Posted 1/12/2007 3:31 PM (#231908 - in reply to #231455)

Beav, I don't fish a lot at night either, but I just can't see why glow wouldn't work for muskies too. It sounds like a neat bait. I'm sure you would sell a couple if you made the whole thing glow. We'll never know if new stuff works until we try it! Wish I could give you more of a definate answer, but that's all I got.

curleytail
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)