Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Before.....and after

Message Subject: Before.....and after
mikie
Posted 12/2/2006 7:00 AM (#223275)
Subject: Before.....and after

Before last weekend, I'd keep my baits in the front of the Gambler in a gallon bucket that my wife got at work. It was usually a mess by the end of the day and sometimes I'd find a bait hanging from my pants leg. I thought it was pretty clever, though.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(baitbucket.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments baitbucket.jpg (37KB - 240 downloads)
mikie
Posted 12/2/2006 7:06 AM (#223276 - in reply to #223275)
Subject: RE: Before.....and after

Then, I met Capt. Harry down at Cave Run. He scoffed at my arrangement, "Mikie, why are you keeping a hundred dollars worth of baits in a cheap plastic bucket?"

Harry makes a Tackle Tamer that I think is just great. The quality of construction will fool you, one look says this has to be a factory job, not just some guy in his garage; but that's wrong! Harry makes these in his spare time to gain fishing trip and bait money and also makes a real cool carry-on bait hanger box out of the same strong Lexan material.

Now, I've put me bucket in the recycle bin. Thanks so much, Harry! I like the way the baits hang so that the hooks will never contact my leg again. m

(P1001690.jpg)

(P1001693.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1001690.jpg (109KB - 248 downloads)
Attachments P1001693.jpg (98KB - 226 downloads)
Allstate48
Posted 12/2/2006 12:58 PM (#223323 - in reply to #223275)

Boxers, or Briefs??????
CAPTHARRY
Posted 12/2/2006 5:00 PM (#223347 - in reply to #223275)

SEE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING!!! CUSTOMBIGBAITBOX@AOL CAPT. HARRY, THANKS MIKIE
WV Musky
Posted 12/3/2006 2:34 PM (#223431 - in reply to #223275)

Mikie,
pretty cool deal dude. I made my own out of PVC pipe. just took a bunch of pieces and kept glueing pieces together until it fit around my front pedestal. Holds like 20 baits. I will admit though I copied the idea off something I saw on here or off a company (i forget).
shawn
Posted 1/3/2007 10:14 AM (#229697 - in reply to #223275)

lol you look like a kids at christmas.i know why the fishing industry are good!ciao fish
jlong
Posted 1/5/2007 7:20 AM (#230082 - in reply to #229697)

Wow! That is an awesome design. Congrats!

Craftsmanship looks superb too.

I love the angled metal hanger part to keep the hooks inside the edge of the box for safety (great with kids and dogs in the boat). Would it be possible to also drill a hole just below the metal slot to allow the hook point to drop through rather than ride on the metal surface and potentally dulling or rounding over the hookpoint during the bouncing of both water and road travel???

And lastly, what other "custom work" does Harry do? I'd be interested in a bottomless lexan hanging spinnerbait box with certain dimensions to fit underneath my rear casting deck.

And... if Harry is selling this stuff for fun.... I recommend he post up some more pictures on the "Basement Bait" forum!!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)