Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I have no idea what makes me do this. it's the damnable fish, that's what it is
- (Added by: sworrall)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> WILLEY'S BUCKTAILS

Message Subject: WILLEY'S BUCKTAILS
WV Musky
Posted 12/13/2006 6:07 PM (#225329)
Subject: WILLEY'S BUCKTAILS

Hey guys,
Just bought some baits off a fellow basement builder and figured I'd show em off. What do you guys think? How do they look?
Shawn
bluegill
Posted 12/13/2006 6:55 PM (#225339 - in reply to #225329)
Subject: RE: WILLEY'S BUCKTAILS

WV,

My partner and I bought a couple of his baits in Columbus last winter. We each got a bucktail and a spinnerbait. My big inline looks great, but I didn't throw it at all last year (no rod equiped to handle it). The spinnerbaits got thrown quite a bit. We each got orange/black color schemes, likely 2 ouncers, but I think we have different blades. Anyway, I never got a sniff with it, but he landed a 35"-37" fish the first time out on the Detroit River opener. Not sure if he used it much after that, but I think he was fairly impressed (especially for the $). The head on mine got a chip on it fairly soon after using it, but it's no shock to me, and a hit of touch-up paint is all it requires.

Nice guys ran the booth for them last year. When I ran out of cash for all the baits I wanted from him, he sent me home with the baits and his card so I could send a check. I'm not used to that kind of service and trust from tackle retailers; I'll be stopping at his booth again this year.

Eric

PS. we enjoyed talking to the guys at their booth so much, especially Jimmy. In fact, we've since named our spinnerbaits 'Jimmy' in tribute to that fine, southern gentleman.
WV Musky
Posted 12/13/2006 8:28 PM (#225354 - in reply to #225329)

Let me try and upload a pic or two.
WV Musky
Posted 12/13/2006 8:37 PM (#225357 - in reply to #225329)

I have dial up at the moment so I can't upload a dang picture so I'll just post his website. go check it out guys.
http://www.willeysbucktails.8m.com
shawn
WV Musky
Posted 12/15/2006 2:10 PM (#225799 - in reply to #225329)

Here's a picture of some of his baits.
Enjoy.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(6STF's.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 6STF's.jpg (68KB - 155 downloads)
Attachments 6c1's (58KB - 157 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)