Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Abu's new line of reels...my review

Message Subject: Abu's new line of reels...my review
bnelson
Posted 12/4/2006 10:16 AM (#223556)
Subject: Abu's new line of reels...my review

I got a new Abu 7000ics Pro Rocket recently and have gotten a chance to give it a pretty good workout..just thought I'd post about it for those looking at buying new reels in the off season...1st off, I'm not affiliated with Abu or on any kind of pro staff deal ..just a fisherman here...
I was the first to b*tch about Abu's crappy power handles...these new reels have solved that...they are simply sweet! The spool release is now a lever, not a push button or thumb bar and it is different at first but I actually like it and think it will hold up much better than the push buttons of the past 7000's...the new reels have instant anti reverse which is a big bonus over the old ones that had that "play" in them....my reel is 4.1 to 1, has the big spool and picks up alot of line per crank...I have been using it mainly for big plastics..and did throw some cowgirls with it and it handles both tasks easily...A buddy has the new 7000i HSN which is just like mine except 5.3 to 1 and narrow spool, he seems to like his ..he has had a little trouble with the lever engaging on the cast but something tells me he might be bumping it a bit in the cast process....
they have the new carbon drag...very nice...I got mine for 149 from a website I think is castawaylakes.com

If you are in the market for a new fairly affordable reel for the big stuff check out the new 7000s...
mskyhntr
Posted 12/4/2006 1:05 PM (#223610 - in reply to #223556)
Subject: RE: Abu's new line of reels...my review

These are on my list for sure one wide spool and one narrow!!!
jj
Posted 12/4/2006 1:18 PM (#223615 - in reply to #223556)

7000 iHSN...just ordered mine!
reelman
Posted 12/4/2006 8:26 PM (#223716 - in reply to #223556)

I've been using one of the new 7000iHSN's since June and at first I didn't think I wold like the lever as opposed to the push button but after just a couple hours I find I like the lever much better. It's hard to explain but it is just more convenient.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)