Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Look at those teeth, he could eat corn through a tennis racket.
- (Added by: MuskyHopeful)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> boggs tacklemaker

Message Subject: boggs tacklemaker
r.j
Posted 1/7/2007 9:16 PM (#230620)
Subject: boggs tacklemaker

I was just wondering if anyone know's how long of a bucktail I could make with a standard tacklemaker. I am ordering 12in looped shafts and will probably make 8-11 inch baiys with them. Thanks R.J.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 1/7/2007 10:14 PM (#230632 - in reply to #230620)
Subject: RE: boggs tacklemaker

The standard tackle maker will only allow you to make up lures about 6". You'll need to order the extension. They actually cut the unit in 1/2 and re-mount it with a longer 'twist rod'. This way you can make baits up to 10-12 inches.
upnorth
Posted 1/8/2007 2:41 PM (#230791 - in reply to #230620)

I have the boggs and the hagens for .051 wire. The only one I understand fully are "the round nose pliers". If I use smaller wire
then I can get some decent bends and wraps. But they look good bolted on the bench, maybe I need more patience and practice.
I'm very happy with the finish I'm able to get with the pliers, think I'll just keep using them.
Try the round nose pliers out, maybe you can save yourself some $$
A-ROZ
Posted 1/8/2007 3:29 PM (#230808 - in reply to #230620)

I use the standard size boggs. You can make any size bait you want with it, you will just have to remove the bait and flip it over every time you go half of the way around with the handle. Sounds confusing, but it isn't. The boggs tacklemaker sure makes bending that large wire a LOT easier and you should be able to get by just fine with the standard size one. If you need anything explained further feel free to send me a PM or drop me a message at [email protected]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)