Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Vermilion

Message Subject: Vermilion
Cowboyhannah
Posted 11/6/2006 7:01 PM (#219253)
Subject: Vermilion

Hi--
I'm putting together a trip to Vermilion but don't know squat. There is an excellent website all about the lake, but what I'm looking for is some information from someone who's been there.

What lodges are located on the best water?

I'd rather not waste a trip learning that we should've stayed on a different part of the lake. We did that once when we went to 'Sabaskong Bay' the first time. We stayed near Nestor Falls (technically part of sabaskong bay)....we learned later that the main bay and best fishing was located too far away. This year we went to Redwing and had a great trip.

Anyhow...my point is if someone can point us a direction where you have had success, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mikie
Posted 11/7/2006 6:15 AM (#219322 - in reply to #219253)
Subject: RE: Vermilion

I think most of the lodges are on the western side of the lake. V is actually 2 lakes joined together, the one side is 'trout water' and the other is more meso. We just stayed at the only motel in Tower, so I dunno about the resorts. I'm sure if you Google around you can find tourist info. Or, look on Ace Guide Service's website. m
GMan
Posted 11/7/2006 10:16 AM (#219403 - in reply to #219253)

East vs. West, pros and cons, tournments won on fish from both ends....

The one thing I can tell you with confidence: if you decide to stay on the West end, Muskego Point Resort is great. Jenny and Joe do an excellent job, cabins are great, amenities, too.
Rainman JD
Posted 11/7/2006 11:10 AM (#219417 - in reply to #219253)

I will second that! I have had the good fortune of staying at Muskego on the west side 4 years. There are plenty of fish to be had on both sides of the lake. West end has a lot more weeds. The east is all rocks and docks. Everett bay has a resort with guys who have plenty of musky knowledge. Go to the lakes main website and you will find a map that shows locations and contacts for every resort on the lake.
ifish
Posted 11/7/2006 12:49 PM (#219444 - in reply to #219253)

West End = White Eagle Resort

East End = Glennmore (best cabins on the east end) or
Bay View Lodge (best food and nightlife)

Both ends of the lake offer great fishing.

Edited by ifish 11/7/2006 12:50 PM
Rick
Posted 11/7/2006 3:45 PM (#219498 - in reply to #219253)

Thanks, guys!

I can see the west end is meso and east is rocks....I notice at LOTW that the fish tend to move off the weeds and onto rock in late July/early August. Is that the same on Vermilion?

Our trip is going to be mid-July. What bearing would that have on whether to fish west or east end....does the middle give you access to both?

Thanks,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)