Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Seeking Cisco Lakes

Message Subject: Seeking Cisco Lakes
agrimm
Posted 11/7/2006 8:48 AM (#219363)
Subject: Seeking Cisco Lakes

I have contacted the WI DNR and received a nice WI cisco lake list. However, it states that at one time or another the lake contained cisco. I am looking for lakes that have a healthy cisco population. I am not asking for specific spots or techniques, just lake names. Right now I have about 30, but again would like to narrow the list to lakes with known populations. I'd be happy to share the list with you if you PM or e-mail. Thanks in advance to those willing to help and share your experience. I would not have learned so much in the last few years without help from others.
Pete Stoltman
Posted 11/7/2006 9:27 AM (#219377 - in reply to #219363)
Subject: RE: Seeking Cisco Lakes

I might have a suggestion for you. Pick out an area and then contact the WIDNR fisheries biologist for that area. Give him a call. My local guy here at the Woodruff office is great at helping with questions like that. The back of the Fishing Regulations book gives you contact info for the DNR service centers. Remember that we pay for the DNR through our taxes and license fees. Most of the DNR staff people realize that and are usually very cooperative at providing information. Sometimes it's even more than you ask for.
bnelson
Posted 11/7/2006 9:32 AM (#219379 - in reply to #219363)
Subject: RE: Seeking Cisco Lakes

I would agree Pete...unfortunately the DNR biologists (to my knowledge) don't do any kind of population studies on forage..there was a lake I had contacted the local biologist about...he was very helpful with other info but could not tell me for certain if there were cisco's in the lake or not...I am trying to figure out if a lake I fish now has cisco's or not..so far I have not had a definite answer one way or another..unless you see them busing the surface or dead on the surface any other idea's to figure out if they are in a lake?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)