Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Open Water Update - Polk County

Message Subject: Open Water Update - Polk County
Lungin
Posted 11/1/2006 7:39 AM (#218172)
Subject: Open Water Update - Polk County

If someone who frequents this board is in Polk County in and around Bone/Deer, I would greatly appreciate an ice status update. We're headed up this weekend and would really be disappointed to find ourselves land-locked. I'm not too concerned, but with the forecast for the next three days, you never know.

Thanks,

Brad
asteffes
Posted 11/1/2006 9:06 AM (#218206 - in reply to #218172)
Subject: RE: Open Water Update - Polk County

Water temps were still in the mid-forties on Deer on Monday, I think you will be alright.

Tony
Arnie
Posted 11/1/2006 9:25 AM (#218209 - in reply to #218206)

I also agree that you will be alright. I will be on Deer both Sat and Sun......Fishing has been good on both Bone and Deer the past few weeks. Fish have been shallow and still around the weeds.
Posted 11/3/2006 1:34 PM (#218761 - in reply to #218172)

It sure has been cold and the launch on Deer is in a small shallow bay......does anyone know if this has frozen? how will the fishing be this weekend?
asteffes
Posted 11/3/2006 1:38 PM (#218763 - in reply to #218172)

I have 4 friends out there as we speak. The water temp is still in the low forties. The river in Polk Co. is Frozen solid as of this morning. So far, the fish have not been cooperating as they have not seen anything today. Got on the water around 9:00 a.m last I heard from them was 2:00 and NOTHING.

That is all I know. I was planning on heading up tomorrow to meet them, but maybe not anymore, I might stick with the metro lakes as they have been producing lately, at least that is what I hear
ARNIE
Posted 11/3/2006 2:09 PM (#218777 - in reply to #218172)

Asteffes,

Thanks for the update! Hey if you're on DEER tomorrow or Sunday stop bye and say hi.....i'll be in a white Skeeter. If you have any more news or updates they are appreciated!

CowgirlAddict
Posted 11/4/2006 9:03 PM (#218929 - in reply to #218172)

was on Deer today, not much happening, did see a monster fish tho, water temp 41, saw 2 guys in a Tuffy? wondering if you use this forum??
Arnie
Posted 11/5/2006 6:30 PM (#219014 - in reply to #218172)

out on Deer today.....no fish in the boat. Lost 2 on bull dawgs.....saw 3 fish 46" and bigger. There are much bigger fish in Deer than most think. between myself and 2 buddies we threw the whole arsenal......most of the action was from bucktail chasers.....who would have guessed this time of year that a bucktail is the go to bait?

Hope others did better and put some in the boat......there sure were enough boats out there..... some one had to have made it happen.
asteffes
Posted 11/5/2006 6:34 PM (#219016 - in reply to #218929)

I was on Deer on Saturday with a buddy of mine. We actually had 3 boats out there saturday, but action was pretty slow until last hour of the day. My buddies, long story ended up with a DOUBLE! Both on suckers at the same time, a 44" and 40". Pretty crazy story, I'll see if I can get a picture and have them post the story.

Anyway, yes I was there Sat. in a Silver and Black Tuffy 1890 with a Black Suzuki on the back.

We got skunked out there and we were on the water from 9:30 a.m until dark. Oh well thats how it goes sometimes. Heard of some smaller fish caught on jerkbaits, but nothing huge.
asteffes
Posted 11/5/2006 6:40 PM (#219019 - in reply to #219016)

Arnie,

I looked for your skeeter on Sat, but didn't see you out there. My buddies scored a 44" today on a sucker and lost another one. Wish I could have been out there. The weather was great today but had stuff to do around the house.

Tony
Arnie
Posted 11/5/2006 7:31 PM (#219031 - in reply to #218172)

Tony,

Actually couldn't make it out yesterday, but it sure was nice today..... we had a lot of following fish today on bucktails which i thought was rare this time of year, but Deer is a bucktail lake..... do you fish Deer often?
CowgirlAddict
Posted 11/5/2006 7:35 PM (#219033 - in reply to #218172)

Asteffes

so that was you in the tuffy? i was in the Blue Lund and we talked for a min or two?

Edited by CowgirlAddict 11/5/2006 7:36 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)