Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Cabelas Depthmaster Gold Trolling Reels? Anyone?

Message Subject: Cabelas Depthmaster Gold Trolling Reels? Anyone?
kevin cochran
Posted 9/27/2006 7:00 PM (#211220)
Subject: Cabelas Depthmaster Gold Trolling Reels? Anyone?

I am wondering if anyone has tried the Cabelas Depthmaster Trolling Reels. I reel left-handed and found that they make a linecounting with a left-hand crank. Is there another company that makes left-hand linecounters? Any info would be appreciated.
Capt bigfish
Posted 9/27/2006 7:57 PM (#211225 - in reply to #211220)
Subject: RE: Cabelas Depthmaster Gold Trolling Reels? Anyone?

Kevin, I couldn't find a lefty linecounter reel. Penn makes a lefty (model 321) but it's not a LC. Okuma makes a rock solid LC reel in the Catalina. It's brand new and only at Cabelas in North America. The drag is huge and super smooth. The clicker is almost deafening and the lever release is chunky and easy to use in the dark. A very well thought out reel. Being I use a rod holder a lot, the right hand retrieve doesn't bother me anymore on a trolling outfit. They are way underpriced at $100. I have the CT-30D. Duff
Posted 9/27/2006 8:06 PM (#211228 - in reply to #211220)

I bought a Cabelas Depthmaster line counter combo, tried it the first time with a dipsy diver and the rod snapped,
i dont think it is a totally junk deal, almost thinking it was a defect in the rod, anyway i took her back to Cabelas and up
traded for the Depthmaster Gold Combo and this one seems a lot better, better rod for sure and a lot more Metal on the reel
and havent had a problem with it, and i think this set up was still only 119 bucks
raf
Posted 9/28/2006 9:41 AM (#211325 - in reply to #211220)

Not much in the way of lefty LCs yet. I run an Okuma Convector 30DLX lefty line counter. I've used it for great lakes salmon and for musky trolling. Overall I am happy with it, but it's not on par with say the Daiwa Sealines or the Tekota. Then again, neither is the price.
The Yeti
Posted 9/28/2006 10:21 AM (#211337 - in reply to #211220)

i have 2 convectors that i love. pricewise, you can't beat that...and, while i'll echo the sentiment that not many linecounters are leftys.....settling for 2 cn30lx for 140 on ebay was a good deal.
sean61s
Posted 9/29/2006 11:37 AM (#211605 - in reply to #211220)

i HAVE 2 OF THEM...HAVEN'T SCORED A BIG FISH YET TROLING, BUT ROD AND REEL DID SURVIVE A WEEKEND OF PULLING BIG HOOKER BAITS BANGING ON ROCKS, AND ALL IS WELL. I THINK THE COMBOS HAVE A GREAT FEEL TO THEM..I LOOK FORWARD TO HANDLEING A FISH ON THE LINE. CERTANLY CANNOT ARGUE WITH THE PRICE.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)