Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Esox rods

Message Subject: Esox rods
TonyC
Posted 9/20/2006 7:21 PM (#210200)
Subject: Esox rods

Have any of you used these rods? How do they compare to a St.Croix premier or a GLoomis? Thanks
Slime King
Posted 9/21/2006 5:55 AM (#210233 - in reply to #210200)
Subject: RE: Esox rods

I have not used them, but know about them. If these are the rods in the 200-220 range they are built on diamondback blanks. They are the finest blanks available in my opinion and the custom rod builders who use them( thorne bros.,dadson's,professional edge,frank's, ect.) I would recommend buying one over a loomis or croix to anyone if they are within that person's price range.
Jason Bovee
Posted 9/21/2006 9:29 AM (#210258 - in reply to #210200)

This is my second year with Esox (pro-staff) and I am very happy with their performance and quality. I have not seen or heard of alot of breakage with these rods but it does happen, no matter who's rod it is. If you want to pick one up, send me a PM and I can get you a discount if you are interested. Jason
TonyC
Posted 9/21/2006 4:17 PM (#210301 - in reply to #210258)

Thanks Jason. I am looking for a 7'10" or 8' heavy fast action rod. Do they have these?
The Yeti
Posted 9/24/2006 11:55 PM (#210688 - in reply to #210200)

They're awesome rods..bar none, THE lightest/strongest rod i have used period.
i have used st. criox/shimano/loomis.....Esox blows them all away in the lightness/strenght category. They're durable and can throw baits with the best of them. The ONLY rods i have held that compare are the st. croix legends, but, i'd go with the Esox over the St. Croix. Brett is an awesome dude to deal with too.

i have 4 of them. 3 muskie sticks and 1 bass stick.

check the site www.esoxfishingrods.com

i'm also on the prostaff, so, if Jason can help you, that's awesome man....

https://www.esoxfishingrods.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=...

that'll be possibly my next rod , you might wanna check it out. knowing how my 6'10 jerkinbait rod performs, i'm seriously interested in replacing my current 8 footer with that rod.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)