Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Indiana/Barbee Cash tournament

Message Subject: Indiana/Barbee Cash tournament
Vince Weirick
Posted 9/11/2006 12:39 PM (#208699)
Subject: Indiana/Barbee Cash tournament

20 teams fished the Barbee Chain of Lakes Cash Tournament this past Saturday. 4 teams caught fish and only 1 fish each. I will post some pics and placings this evening.
Vince Weirick
Posted 9/11/2006 7:11 PM (#208780 - in reply to #208699)
Subject: RE: Indiana/Barbee Cash tournament

I recieved a phone call Thursday from my partner Darrin Conley telling me that he wasn't feeling good and had started a cold. He was telling me this because he was fishing the cash tournament coming up that Saturday. He said either way he would be there. When he called again Friday evening he sounded much worse and he then told me that he had a 100.1 degree temperature. And again...he stated that he would be there in my boat during the tournament even if he had to sleep in the boat. Well, Saturday morning came and he showed up at the ramp sounding like he should have still been in bed nursing his cold. But as we all know what muskie fishing does to you he was ready to go. To my surprise he stuck it out all day and fished about 95% of the time with a few breaks when he needed them. Boy oh boy am I glad he decided to stick it out because at 2:00 p.m. (tournament ended at 3:30) he stuck a nice 42" pig.

The Webster Lake Musky Club hosted a cash tournament located on the Barbee Chain of Lakes September 9th. There were 20 teams that competed for 8 hours fishing the 7 different lakes in the chain. There were 4 fish caught between 4 different teams. A strange coincidence was that all 4 fish were caught within a 1 hour window!

The winning teams were:

1st Vince Weirick
Darrin Conley
42"

2nd Chae Dolsen
Jeremy Testen
40"

3rd Jeff King
Jason King
35.5"

4th Robert Vandermeer
Spencer Berman
31"

Thanks to all teams that competed and I hope to see you all out there on October 7th for the $200 entry fee on Webster Lake.

Attached are Darrin Conley with his 42" winning fish and also Chae Dolsen with his 40" 2nd place finish fish. Also a picture of the winning teams and they are as follows from left to right...

Robert Vandermeer 4th
Spencer Berman 4th
Jeff King 3rd
Jason King 3rd
Jeremy Testen 2nd
Chae Dolsen 2nd
Darrin Conley 1st
Vince Weirick 1st

Edited by Vince Weirick 9/11/2006 7:15 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(September 2006 Barbee Cash Tournament 003r.jpg)

(Chae 40.jpg)

(September 2006 Barbee Cash Tournament 001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments September 2006 Barbee Cash Tournament 003r.jpg (111KB - 73 downloads)
Attachments Chae 40.jpg (26KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments September 2006 Barbee Cash Tournament 001.jpg (89KB - 77 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)