Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Bone Lake

Message Subject: Bone Lake
Rainman JD
Posted 8/24/2006 6:05 PM (#206475)
Subject: Bone Lake

Hello fellow Musky Hunters. I was planning a short trip up to Bone Lake in Polk County WI. Just curious if anyone would be willing to share some useful information. I am taking my wife on the trip and want to give ourselves the most realistic shot possible at boating a fish regardless the size. Thank You.
Ranger
Posted 8/25/2006 9:49 AM (#206578 - in reply to #206475)
Subject: RE: Bone Lake

Send a PM to MuskyOne, he's very helpful and knows the lake like he knows his, um, tacos.
Posted 8/25/2006 9:53 AM (#206581 - in reply to #206475)

Thanks Ranger
Shep
Posted 8/25/2006 10:05 AM (#206585 - in reply to #206581)

Did somebody say Taco's?
muskyone
Posted 8/25/2006 11:42 AM (#206601 - in reply to #206578)

Like, when are you guys going to come up and fish and go to the Blacksmith Shop for those all you can eat Tacos on Friday night? You know that the fish here go nuts in the Fall.

Right now fish Bone early in the am in 4 feet or less with your favorite bucktail. Topraider or Tallywhacker as well. As the sun gets up a little higher move out to about eight feet with a good jerk bait or glider. Reef Hawg, Jerko or Suick has been working. Multi fish days have been the norm for the folks that can fish during the week. Hope this helps a little and good luck, Mike.
Rainman JD
Posted 8/25/2006 1:46 PM (#206622 - in reply to #206475)

Thanks mike I appreciate the info. I will let you know if I score a fish.
Rainman JD
Posted 9/4/2006 9:54 PM (#207853 - in reply to #206475)

Well, I just got back from Bone Lake. I only got the opportunity to fish one day and it just so happened to be Sunday of labor day weekend. I was visiting my brother and was told not to bother fishing the lake on a holiday weekend. However, being it was the only day of the entire summer I had the chance to fish musky so I went anyways. I had my partner throw bucktails all day and he saw nothing. I was throwing a Swimin Joe (Perch pattern) and had 4 follows and a missed strike due to a light drag (I deserve to be beaten for not checking how tight my drag was). Anyway, it was great to see some muskies and have the opportunity to attempt catching the greatest fish on the planet. I would like to thank Mike Hoen (AKA Muskyone) for a game plan. Mike's game plan put me on fish and I would have boated one if not for my stupidity. Good Luck to everyone!
dhacker
Posted 9/5/2006 5:58 AM (#207876 - in reply to #206475)

My girlfriend caught a 39" Saturday morning and Sunday morning I caught a 41 1/2" both on Bone. Tried to fish it Sunday night but I couldn't take it - way to much recreation going on. Had one guy pull a tube right next to my boat, they deserve to use the lake they have a lake home. But I think they forget that they purchased lake shore not lake.

Edited by dhacker 9/5/2006 7:37 AM
dedicated angler
Posted 9/5/2006 8:06 AM (#207881 - in reply to #206475)

Fished Bone Sat. Night
Water temp 74.
Had one niiiiccceee fish up on a cowgirl but could not get her to commit. Went back at her 3 time and but no dice.
Interesting lake, it was my first time on it, I will try it again later.
Keep up the informative post on the water temps and fishing reports
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)