Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> A question about names of colors

Message Subject: A question about names of colors
MACK
Posted 8/24/2006 9:40 AM (#206361)
Subject: A question about names of colors

This is a question that I've been meaning to ask for years, but never have:

In regards to the color name "Nine Dollar Bass or $9 Dollar Bass"....where does that name come from or how did that name originate? Or is it just some made up name that means nothing really other than it denoting the brownish color scheme for lures?

Is there anything behind that name?

I think it's a pretty cool name and a unique name at that...just wasn't sure if it actually means anything or not?

Carry on...
kevin
Posted 8/24/2006 12:59 PM (#206406 - in reply to #206361)
Subject: RE: A question about names of colors

I think it orginated around the lake St Clair area.. Hopefully Woodieb8 sees this post as he is a lure manufacture that has been doing that color for some time.. He can probably shed quite a bit of light on that one..
woodieb8
Posted 8/24/2006 8:41 PM (#206504 - in reply to #206361)
Subject: RE: A question about names of colors

the color called 9 dollar bass was originally called 6 dollar bass. it was created by a famous now deceased michigan painter domenic.. st clair has over the years become the testing grounds of the wild and different colors. to keep up woodie baits does over 100 custom colors.. thats just to keep the st clair muskyhounds happy.. the basic 6 colors here 40 years ago were/ coachdog. helin frog, perch., olive frog, homers bass,skunk. the biggest things now are belly colors. white belly, creme or off white, yellow belly. orange bellys are not a hot color in the lsc region
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)