Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Congrats to me

Message Subject: Congrats to me
Commanche Jim
Posted 8/19/2006 1:47 AM (#205667)
Subject: Congrats to me

I might as well congratulate myself for catching 2 legals in a 15 minute span, and another the next night...........all after dark (after the kids were in bed). Just shows how you can catch fish, if you know what you're doing, without casting 10,000 times. I put in about 10 hours of muskie fishing on a weeks trip because I wanted to be with the wife and kids pontooning and panfishing. I got 3, missed 2 BIG ONES, and saw a few other monsters. Anyone out there stressed about not catching a trophy..........there's a lot more to life.

I might as well boast myself for having a baby girl 7 months ago named Allyson, who loves being on the water with lil Jimmy.

sworrall
Posted 8/19/2006 8:50 AM (#205688 - in reply to #205667)
Subject: RE: Congrats to me

Hey man, family is all of it, fishing just a part. I have some personal experience here (just a bit) and can tell you for sure a wife and kids who WANT to listen to the fishing stories when I get home help make the trip worth it. It's even better when they WANT to go fishing and do so, making the stories together. My son Keith has a baby boy about the same age as your daughter and another son who's in the 'terrible two' stage. Cole loves to fish, and babbles on in English and some other added language I am obviously supposed to speak and understand. Pointing to the pontoon boat my son bought to take his family fishing- "Gampa, Gampa...Gampa...Daddy take me fishin' in a boat, (gibberish, syllables) crappies(gibberish)!!! Cute!"

My only real worry is that I won't live long enough to attend his wedding or meet my Great Grandkids.
muskyboy
Posted 8/21/2006 4:45 PM (#205953 - in reply to #205667)

Way to go Jim, two in that span is awesome. Especially doing it with family

Send some of the mojo to the White Sox please!!!

Steve
Clark A
Posted 8/21/2006 9:33 PM (#205998 - in reply to #205667)

Steve!!!!! Don't even think that!! You will be there to net their first muskie out of Pelican off of Sabinois Point that will once again be choked with cabbage weeds.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)