Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Colton....NICE fish pic!!

Message Subject: Colton....NICE fish pic!!
Donnie3737
Posted 8/19/2006 7:06 AM (#205673)
Subject: Colton....NICE fish pic!!

Hey M1st Dudes & Dudettes,

Hope I find you well. Attached below is a pic of Colton's 5th 48"er, and 3rd one this year! Amazing he's caight 22 fish already this year, and never landed one last year. What a difference one year can make! His figure 8ing abilities have gotten infinitely better!! I can honestly say, I thank our good Lord every day for my 3 kids. They love muskie fishing, and they are great kids besides!! Thanks to everyone on this muskie board too! I can't tell you how nice it's been getting to know many of you, and watching the growth of this board, the sport, and number of friends in general...my kids are blessed as am I, to know many of you from this muskie board!

Hey....check out the Wisconsin hat!! He is such a fan!!!

Sincerely,
Donnie Hunt

Edited by Donnie3737 8/19/2006 7:06 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Colton48.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Colton48.jpg (21KB - 58 downloads)
ESOX Maniac
Posted 8/19/2006 8:07 AM (#205679 - in reply to #205673)
Subject: RE: Colton....NICE fish pic!!

Donnie- Putting smiles on our kids faces, that's what being a dad is all about! At the rate he's progressing, he'll be asking about a guide license soon

Colton- congrat's on very nice fish. Hope you get her mamma wearing that hat! Go Badgers!

Al
MuskyHopeful
Posted 8/19/2006 8:11 AM (#205680 - in reply to #205673)

Wow, Donnie, you've got those boys catching some fish. Is he going to be with you at AML the week before labor day? I want to rub his head for luck, or at least ask him for pointers.

If he's not, maybe you could pretend you mysteriously have a fat, gray haired, 45 year old son, and slide some of the mojo my way.

Seriously, though, it's got to be great seeing your kids love and have success doing something that is also so important to you.

And yes, I do think human surface bait about my buddy, but He's unconcerned.

Kevin

T-minus 5 days.
Donnie3737
Posted 8/19/2006 8:21 AM (#205682 - in reply to #205673)

Al,

Thanks for the nice words of encouragement! I am one of the luckiest fathers alive!! My kids love to fish! I love fishin' with em' too!!

Kevin,

Thanks to you too! They have progressed along and become two of the most skilled muskie fisherman I currently fish with. Their figure 8's are second to none! This has been part of the reason Weston & Colton have caught so manu fish this year!!

I had a buddy that went fishing in a dingy, because he was chompin' at the bit one morning and the captain wasn't leaving for a couple of hours, so he went fishing. He caught a couple of fish, and then all of the sudden, over 400 feet of water, his dingy rose and fell about 10-12 inches, from a HUGE fishes boil right under his boat. It scared him, and off he went to get back to the dock.

Take care all,
Donnie
Pointerpride102
Posted 8/19/2006 10:16 AM (#205692 - in reply to #205673)

Congrats to Colton and you Donnie!

I get more joy of seeing others catch fish, especially if they are kids or people who dont get to go out as often as I do. I am still hoping I can get Becky her first musky this season, but it is tough since she isnt die hard (yet) and gets bored in the boat after a while. Anyways, Congrats to you and Colton.....excelent fish!

Mike
AWH
Posted 8/19/2006 11:46 AM (#205695 - in reply to #205673)

Donnie,

Congrats to your son on an awesome fish. Looks like he's had a good teacher growing up!

Aaron
Donnie3737
Posted 8/20/2006 7:23 AM (#205753 - in reply to #205673)

Aaron,

YEP....an awesome teacher if I might say so myself. Colton's older brother Weston, the TEACHER, has had more to do with Colton's fishing prowess than his father....ME! Weston has made Colton his "project" over these past 4 years, and it was so cool when Colton caught the big heavy 48"er from the West Arm of Eagle, Weston was almost more excited than Colton. It is so awesome to see how close the two boys are, considering they are 5 years apart!!

God bless you all,
Donnie

Edited by Donnie3737 8/20/2006 7:25 AM
Donnie3737
Posted 8/20/2006 7:24 AM (#205754 - in reply to #205673)

Mike,

Find yourself a small, big time numbers lake, and take her there....give her the best bait, in the front of the boat, and let er' rip! I found myself taking the boys to small, numbers upon numbers lakes early on, and now it is easy for them to fish for the big girls. It'll come....tell Becky that once the first one comes, the others follow quickly!!

Sincerely,
Donnie
muskyboy
Posted 8/20/2006 10:06 AM (#205763 - in reply to #205673)

Wow Donnie, that is a very pretty fish and you and your boys must be having a great time fishing together. You should have some good stories for our November 8 FRV Meeting no doubt. Thank you again for being one of our speakers this year!

Steve
Donnie3737
Posted 8/20/2006 2:19 PM (#205781 - in reply to #205673)

Steve,

I look forward to the meeting for sure. My whole way of thinking and BIG fish have changed drastically these past 2 years, and some good ideas will ensue!

Thanks,
Donnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)