Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Quick Morrum Repair?!

Message Subject: Quick Morrum Repair?!
BigMo
Posted 8/16/2006 8:35 AM (#205225)
Subject: Quick Morrum Repair?!

I can not find anything specifically about my question after multiple searches.....hopefully M1st nation can assist.

While fishing last night my Morrum 5600 started to wind line in very unevenly on the retrieve and there was a frequent, light clicking sound from somewhere in the reel. Of all times for this to happen, I have the Man Chain WMT this weekend and I use that Morrum extensively. Can anyone give me the 411 on who or where I can get my Morrum checked out last minute? I live in Clintonville but was planning on heading up to Manitowish Waters tomorrow morning. So no matter where/who, there are roughly a couple days to spare before the tourney.

I used to leave reels needing TLC with Chuck Brod for as long as he needed, but have since moved away from the Wausau area and obviously do not have weeks to spare. is this even possible to get checked out ASAP? And the answer is no, I can not fix it myself if for no other reason than I do not have parts or the time given my lack of reel repair experience. Add to that the fact that I'd tear down the reel, put it back together and have 20 parts still on the table

Thought about checking at R&H to see if my man Gene could help but who knows for sure.

Any other possibilities / suggestions?
Slamr
Posted 8/16/2006 8:43 AM (#205227 - in reply to #205225)
Subject: RE: Quick Morrum Repair?!

Quick thought on the level wind not going all the way to both ends: spray some WD-40 into the place where the level wind goes back and forth (worm gear?) and scrub the crap out of it with a tooth brush. Super Chuck informed us at the Rhinelander Outing that the reason your level wind wont go back and forth is that the level wind is hitting something that prevents it from going all the way to each end. Best advice is to get a new toothbrush to do this with, not the one you use day in and day out.
Posted 8/16/2006 11:53 AM (#205267 - in reply to #205225)
Subject: RE: Quick Morrum Repair?!

you are close to Appleton. take it to pete at the sportsman. he should be able to check it over really quick for you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)