Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Happy Birthday America!

Message Subject: Happy Birthday America!
muskynightmare
Posted 7/3/2006 8:30 PM (#199132)
Subject: Happy Birthday America!

Lest we forget that we live in the greatest nation in the world. You cannot fish musky in France. Go thank any Vet you know because you live life the way you see fit!
God bless the U.S.A.!
MuskyHopeful
Posted 7/3/2006 8:38 PM (#199135 - in reply to #199132)
Subject: RE: Happy Birthday America!

Here's to many more.

Kevin
ulbian
Posted 7/3/2006 9:17 PM (#199147 - in reply to #199132)

Best part of any 4th of July Parade I've ever been to is the beginning when the veterans march in front of everything else. Always has sent chills through my spine and I am forever grateful that my dad made me stand up and cheer at a very early age. I try to pass that on to my nieces and nephews every chance I get.
Muskie Pat
Posted 7/3/2006 10:10 PM (#199166 - in reply to #199132)

Thank you, to all my "Brothers in Arms" past present and future. Pat
muskynightmare
Posted 7/3/2006 10:33 PM (#199174 - in reply to #199132)

glad to see the last two posts were stricken from the record!
archerynut36
Posted 7/4/2006 7:41 AM (#199203 - in reply to #199132)

HAPPY 4TH EVERYBODY ... NOW DO NOT BLOW ANY OF YOUR CASTING FINGERS OFF....BILL
sworrall
Posted 7/4/2006 9:13 AM (#199206 - in reply to #199203)

I believe I am a very lucky man to have been born here. By far, the USA offers freedoms most people on this planet cannot even comprehend.

We all have a long way to go to reach Nirvana, but the fantastic thing here in good old Wisconsin is we can say that, can act openly and freely to try to better our country and ourselves, and do so for the most part without fear.

Politics are far more complicated than they were in 1776, but they were fairly complicated even then. It took the most violent and deadly conflict this nation has ever seen less than 100 years later to get our politics to the pooint where we could argue without the rifles here, and another TWO World Wars and several conflicts since to maintain our ability in the world alive to continue to try to be the USA and all the Declaration of Independence and Constitution says we should be.

I'm just one guy, 54 years old, who has never done a single thing to defend the rights I take for granted every day. I'm not an activist, a political figure, or even a letter to the editor writer when it comes to things like that. I'm an average citizen; a pretty good one I'd hope, and dead center THE sort of guy so many HAVE defended against all threats both physical and perceived since the USA's first birthday. This grand excursion hasn't been perfect, far from it, but this place IMHO is still a pretty cool place to live.

Happy Birthday, United States of America.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)