Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Bunk Trailer

Message Subject: Bunk Trailer
Brad
Posted 8/23/2006 9:32 AM (#206179)
Subject: Bunk Trailer

I'm in the process of buying a new boat. Right now it comes on an Eagle bunk trailer. I've never had a bunk style trailer & was wondering if they are better than rollers? Are they easier or harder to load/unload? Any opinions would help. Thanks.
Shep
Posted 8/23/2006 2:25 PM (#206229 - in reply to #206179)
Subject: RE: Bunk Trailer

IMHO, Eagle makes the best trailer you can buy. And bunk is the only way to go. Fits your boat like a glove, and loads perfectly straight every time. The only time a roller is better than a bunk is on some real shallow landings. But you can get a shallow launch option, much like the KayDee trailers had back in the day.
rink rat
Posted 8/23/2006 2:34 PM (#206230 - in reply to #206179)

I used to run an Eagle under my last boat--great stuff. I was amazed at how well built it was and how smooth the thing pulled, was very well balanced under my crestliner. Bunks: the way to go, except as stated, if you are going to shallow landings a lot. I think the boat rides better on them, is supported better and if you are really worried about getting the boat on and off you can get the teflon strips for the bunks witht the main weight.
cimusky
Posted 8/23/2006 8:25 PM (#206280 - in reply to #206179)

I have only had a bunk style and they have worked fine for me.

Once you learn what works best with your set up they are easy to load and unload.

I fish most of the time alone and do not have any problems.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)