Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Transducer spray

Message Subject: Transducer spray
cnnemusky
Posted 4/27/2006 5:38 AM (#189150)
Subject: Transducer spray

If my transducer is giving off a rooster trail when traveling at high speeds, is it too low or too high on the transom?
stephendawg
Posted 4/27/2006 7:07 AM (#189163 - in reply to #189150)
Subject: RE: Transducer spray

Does it operate correctly when fishing? It should be just a tad below the keel of the boat and not trailing behind anything under the boat that would create turbulance such as a keel. I don't worry about the spray. It could be your transducer wire too. Maybe attach it closer to your mounting bracket.
sworrall
Posted 4/27/2006 8:58 AM (#189181 - in reply to #189163)

The trnasducer should be set flush with the running bottom, and slightly tipped down in the rear to force water flow. If it's too low, it will effect your boat performance some, and throw water all over the place. I'd set a straight edge on the bottom of the boat, adjust the transducer to flush, and tip her down about 5 degrees.
cnnemusky
Posted 4/27/2006 10:34 AM (#189202 - in reply to #189181)

Yes, it is spraying water all over the place, although the graph still displays properly. I have it located so there is no interference, besides the water sprey. I will move it so that it is flush with the bottom and tilted slightly. Docks and Lifts in this weekend followed very shortly after with the boat. I can't wait.

Thanks for the help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)