Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Shhhhh I got a bite" forgot author
- (Added by: ChadG)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> WHERE TO SEND LURES FOR CUSTOM PAINTING

Message Subject: WHERE TO SEND LURES FOR CUSTOM PAINTING
brandonschorle
Posted 1/22/2006 10:43 PM (#173366)
Subject: WHERE TO SEND LURES FOR CUSTOM PAINTING

Anyone know a reputable place that paints lures?
muskynightmare
Posted 1/22/2006 11:04 PM (#173370 - in reply to #173366)
Subject: RE: WHERE TO SEND LURES FOR CUSTOM PAINTING

Um, this board is full of them.
theedz155
Posted 1/23/2006 5:59 AM (#173379 - in reply to #173366)

Some of the guys here are the hobby guys doing their own stuff. Others are bait makers that paint their own. Could check with any of them and they may be able to work something out with you.

There's also MRG, Beav and Stan Durst that will accept individual custom orders on your own baits. Or, they have blanks from some of the major manufacturers and will paint them to your specs as well.

MRG Custom's

You can leave a post or PM Beav here for his email.

Stan's site is currently being rebuilt, if I remember correctly, and you can't get to it. But, the address is www.durstproducts.com for when he gets it back up and running. You can still email Stan direct at [email protected]

I've seen the work of all 3 and they all do great work. Hope this helps.

Scott

Edited by theedz155 1/23/2006 6:08 AM
Matt
Posted 1/23/2006 9:14 AM (#173404 - in reply to #173366)

If you send them to Beav, make sure you get all of them back. I sent him 3 and got back two. Real cool.
ShaneW
Posted 1/23/2006 9:16 AM (#173405 - in reply to #173366)

I had Beav paint a beat up Weagle with a Pink Frog pattern and really liked the paint job. I also know Stan Durst is a standup guy. I would also try Jed from Bikini Baits as he can do some amazing things with "non-paint" finishes.

Shane
jstelter
Posted 1/23/2006 9:26 AM (#173407 - in reply to #173366)

If you've seen our baits and like what you see, we'd be happy to help you out. We can paint them anyway you'd like. If your interested email us at [email protected] or call 715-874-5944.

Joel Stelter
Hawg Seekers Tackle
Beaver
Posted 1/23/2006 2:05 PM (#173445 - in reply to #173366)

Matt, care to send me a PM and fill me in. I wasn't aware that I owed anyone any lures.
If I do, let me know and I'll take care of it.
That would be the "real cool" way of handling it.
Beav

Edited by Beaver 1/23/2006 2:26 PM
Matt Collins
Posted 1/23/2006 2:50 PM (#173450 - in reply to #173366)

I tried the cool thing. That didn't work. I PM'd you in case you forgot.
theedz155
Posted 1/23/2006 3:16 PM (#173456 - in reply to #173366)

Matt, what bait were you missing from Beav?
If I've got one, I'll send it your way.
Beav's a stand-up dude...he wouldn't knowingly screw you out of a bait. And, I could've thought of a bunch of better ways to word it than that.

Scott

PS if you haven't been watching, he's had a bevy of computer problems as of late. Maybe that's where the hitch in your giddyup occured.

Edited by theedz155 1/23/2006 3:19 PM
Matt Collins
Posted 1/23/2006 4:00 PM (#173465 - in reply to #173366)

Thanks for the offer Theedz, but that's not necessary.
muskihntr
Posted 1/23/2006 4:52 PM (#173472 - in reply to #173366)

i would highly recommend sending baits to mike at mrg he does great work!!! and is also reasonable!
http://mrgmuskies.com/

Edited by muskihntr 1/23/2006 4:53 PM
Beaver
Posted 1/23/2006 5:38 PM (#173481 - in reply to #173366)

Well, I just went through all of my remaining PM's, and oldest one that I have is from Klys sister. The most recent was a few weeks ago. None of the other ones are from you, and since I don't have any Excell information since my computer crashed, I have no record of any transactions with you or any body else for that matter. I went through my shop, and I can't find a Jerko anywhere. There is a small Tuff Shad hanging there that is primed with the words hot/flo on it in pencil......so who ever that belongs to, let me know.
Theedz hit the nail on the head. I would not rip off anybody intentionally. If I lost your lure or shipped to someone else, I'm sorry. I guess out of all of the work that I did last year, I wouldn't be surprised if I lost a lure. The post office managed to lose 13 of them, howz that for cool?
I'll pay you for the lure. I'll buy you a new one. I'll replace it with one of my new lures when I start production.
Don't know what else to tell you, but if it turns up, I'll send it back immediately.
That's my offer to try and make things right with you. You can take it any way you want.
I don't know what else I can offer. Just don't accuse me of ripping people off or warn other people not to do business with me.
Once it warms up I'll be busy doing a dozen or so repaints for free for people who won them through the Kly auction. That's the kind of guy I am.
So you can take me up on my offer, or you can turn it down because a mistake was made.
I'm sure that more people are happy doing business with me than are not.
BTW, how did you like the other 2? You never mentioned anything about them.
This lure making/painting is a thankless freakin'profession.
Peace
GLodden
Posted 1/23/2006 7:28 PM (#173500 - in reply to #173366)

I've had one lure painted by Beav so I don't have that much experience. But, I would send him another one in a heartbeat. The bait he painted for me looks amazing-better than the original. So, if you want a bait painted to your exact specifications, send it to Beav.

My 2 cents

Grant
Big Perc
Posted 1/23/2006 9:03 PM (#173516 - in reply to #173500)

Beav 90210 is the best deal around and you won't regret the time and effort put into the quality of paint job...I sent him a Hughes River that came back with a sweeter action that it ever had before...I would send him another one without batting an eye...

Big Perc
Stan Durst 1
Posted 1/24/2006 5:38 AM (#173542 - in reply to #173366)

I have never met the Beav, but I have had dealings with him lately and from that I have learned that he is honest and puts his heart and soul into what he does and you just can't ask for more than that. AS painters,our customers are very important to us and it's important that we give them what they are paying you for and more. Like Beav says, you just don't get rich doing this and if you paid by the hour for the finished product, well, you wouldn't get them painted. The post office lost 18 baits for me( all going to the same person) and we couldn't find them so I bought replacements and painted them to take care of him.
If I wasn't a painter, I would send stuff to Beav to be done. In Fact, I may do just that as I like to have different stuff to throw anyway.
mikie
Posted 1/24/2006 5:53 AM (#173543 - in reply to #173366)

This lure making/painting is a thankless freakin'profession.

Let's change that right now, Beav. THANKS!
You did a real good repair job for me on the Castor after I kissed a rock with it.
Thanks so much, m

ps- Thanks, too, to Stan. I can't wait to see my newly painted topraider. m
Riverman
Posted 1/24/2006 8:48 AM (#173560 - in reply to #173366)

For me it's not thankless, I very much enjoy lure building. I am surprised by your bad luck with the post office Beav. I sent out 600 lures in 2005 all through the USPS and didn't lose a single package. I send them "priority and delivery confirmation" which is more expensive but I think it's better service too.

regards,

jed v.
Matt Collins
Posted 1/24/2006 12:14 PM (#173593 - in reply to #173366)

Don't sweat it Beav. I apologize for the comment. When you did the baits for me I talked to you on the phone anyway so there would have been no computer records to lose. It probably was an honest mistake anyway. Peace, Matt
I did like the baits you painted for me and they held up well.
Beaver
Posted 1/24/2006 7:56 PM (#173684 - in reply to #173366)

When I start painting, I'll send you a care package to make up for the other lure.
Just make sure to send me your address.
Beav
muskynightmare
Posted 1/24/2006 11:50 PM (#173736 - in reply to #173366)

Beav,
you are a good guy. I'm sorry that this thread turned the way that it did.
Everybody else,
Although I have never done business with Beav, he has always answered my questions with respect, and, I feel, has never looked down his nose at anyone that I know that has dealt with him. Lets please try to keep a positive attitude on this forum.
Rob
Riverman
Posted 1/26/2006 2:12 PM (#174101 - in reply to #173366)

No I think we should all chime in and "beat up beav", lol. Sorry beav, couldn't resist.

jed
Musky Snax
Posted 4/12/2006 9:52 PM (#187183 - in reply to #173366)

I also do custom painting if anyone is interested in my particular style.
Here's a Reef Hawg I painted up as a Walleye and added eyes to it.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSC03185 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC03185 (Medium).JPG (40KB - 94 downloads)
mikie
Posted 4/13/2006 11:22 AM (#187275 - in reply to #173366)

daggone, dude, where's the tartar sauce? m
Talonz
Posted 4/18/2006 9:17 PM (#187945 - in reply to #173366)

Hi Guys, we do repaints and custom jobs as well. Our new colors for 2006 are being posted next week at our website. I build the Talonz Little Claw and the 12,15 and 21" Talonz Deepthreat. Check us out at www.fishall-lures.com or email us at [email protected] We paint with createx water based and automotive acrylic enamels and coat with Envirotec. We use a variable speed rotating tumbler for even clear coats. We paint lures from 3" to 24" Cranks,top water,Spoons and anything else that can be racked up. Our Spoons are among the best in the Industry for color selection and durability. We are currently producing our 2006 batch of lures. Check us out,Tight lines ,Kingfisher
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)