Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Fake or Real

Message Subject: Fake or Real
Musky911
Posted 3/28/2006 9:18 PM (#184651)
Subject: Fake or Real

How can you tell an old weagle from a new weagle? I recently bought a weagle from someone that sad it was an old weagle an I have aslo bought a newer weagle. And my older weagle is a lot different from my new one in such ways as hooks, split rings, screw eyes, and the eyeballs all different. I have also never seen a weagle like the old weagle so I was wondering if it could possibly be a fake weagle. What do your guys older weagles look like?
Big Perc
Posted 3/29/2006 6:44 AM (#184676 - in reply to #184651)
Subject: RE: Fake or Real

I have a weagle from the first batch ever made and then just recently bought one of the new ones from Muskie Mojo...check them out...the older one seems heavier and is thinnner than the new one but other than that they are the same...check it out...

Big Perc

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Old vs New.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Old vs New.JPG (19KB - 81 downloads)
esoxaddict
Posted 3/30/2006 2:43 PM (#184894 - in reply to #184651)

It would help if you posted a picture...

First of all what color is it?

BALDY
Posted 4/4/2006 7:30 AM (#185606 - in reply to #184651)

If hooks, rings, screw eyes, etc are different it is very likely that it is not a Weagle. To my knowledge, Steve Cady used the same hardware from the start. The same hardware that we are using now.

Post a picture or send it to me at [email protected] and I'll see if I can tell you for sure.
jonnysled
Posted 4/10/2006 6:59 PM (#186777 - in reply to #184651)

i just gotta ask the obvious question .... "do you really think there is a difference and that one is better than the other?" .... i guess i've got a bunch of weagles some made by steve and some made by steve .... it's a weagle guys and do you really think you've uncovered a "classic" by owning one or the other and that one is "better" than the other because it's an "original" ... #*^@, Cady ... you must really be having a belly laugh with some of this going on out there!

let's see ... 3" down from the nose on the belly side, mine's got a series of nicks in it and it looks like the madonna ..... !!!!!
esoxaddict
Posted 4/11/2006 3:36 PM (#186929 - in reply to #184651)

Sled, there's definitely a difference in weight -- up to an ounce with some of mine.

Is one any "better" than the others? I guess that depends on what you consider "better". Is one that barely floats and goes subsurface easily better? Or is the slightly more buoyant version better? Is it better to have one that's easier to work on the surface and only works as a subsurface glider when you TRY to work it that way, or is the one that you have to work to keep ABOVE the surface better?

I sure can't say if one is any better than the others, only that they are different...

According to Steve, the manufacturing process hasn't changed, the hardware hasn't changed, the only difference is that all wood is not created equal, and therefore there will be differences in density, buoyancy, and weight from blank to blank.

Rusty Hooks
Posted 4/11/2006 4:15 PM (#186937 - in reply to #184651)

big difference!!! 2/3's of the bait is underwater on the original and 2/3's is out of the water on the new. I will trade new for old!!
pbrostuen
Posted 4/12/2006 1:35 PM (#187098 - in reply to #184651)

If a muskie can't tell the difference between an injured baitfish and an old weagle, it sure as h3ll can't tell the difference between an old weagle and a new weagle, or a jackpot for that matter.
Get Real
Posted 4/12/2006 2:32 PM (#187109 - in reply to #184651)

Saw a "new" one at the TC MI pool demo last night. Moved just as much water and made just as much noise as the "old" ones
sorenson
Posted 4/12/2006 3:06 PM (#187121 - in reply to #184651)

I own both and have been able to throw both. In the water, I can't tell a difference. As far as I can tell, they do exactly the same thing.
S.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)