Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Madison Muskie School!

Message Subject: Madison Muskie School!
Magruter
Posted 3/1/2006 10:29 AM (#180292 - in reply to #166624)
Subject: RE: Madison Muskie School!

The hands on class, do we bring our own tackle in?
muskie! nut
Posted 3/1/2006 7:48 PM (#180397 - in reply to #166624)

I have brought new baits to try in the pool by instructors. If you are in this class to figure out how to work certain bait(s), I would bring them. Just bring the 5 - 10 you want to learn on the most. Don't bring your whole arsinal, not enough time for all them.

Maybe Dean Crandall will have a different answer?
Geoff
Posted 3/4/2006 11:04 AM (#180775 - in reply to #166624)

Muskie nut - is 100% correct. If and only if - you have been accepted for enrollment in one of the hands-on pool sessions at 10:25-noon or 1-2:30 and want to bring some of those '06 show baits to the pool and try them out that's fine. If you are not in those classes do not bring your new lures or rod/reel combos because you will NOT have the opportunity to bring baits and work them in the pool - its all filled up. Those were first come first serve classes. If you are in one of the two hands on pools sessions and prefer to bring your own rod/reel combo that 's okay. We will provide rod/reel combos for your use so you don't need to worry about it. However, if you prefer to bring your own gear that is permissable. Note: before and after you use the lures/rod/reels you would need to make sure your gear is secured in your locked car, etc.. We are trying hard to avoid problems. Nice equipment laying around unattended wouldn't be good. If you chose to bring your own gear please be extra careful to protect it.

FYI - This appears to be one of the best turnouts ever so we'll have a full house and a good time.

There is still plenty of room in many of the classes and there is time to get the LOWER RATE of $25, after March 13th rates go up. You'd need to get your form filled out and check sent promptly so its received by MARCH 13th, which is a week from this coming Monday.

Hope you can attend.
muskie! nut
Posted 3/8/2006 4:12 PM (#181392 - in reply to #166624)

Anybody from out of town need a place to stay for the night before or after the school? I have a spare bedroom for you.

Shoot me an email at [email protected]
lambeau
Posted 3/9/2006 7:05 PM (#181616 - in reply to #166624)

same here...anyone who needs a place to stay is welcome.
sworrall
Posted 3/12/2006 11:15 PM (#181983 - in reply to #181616)

See you at the School!!
Magruter
Posted 3/13/2006 8:30 AM (#182004 - in reply to #166624)

What's everyone's schedule look like?

First: Spring muskies
Second: Hands on
Third: Madison Chain

Oh I'll be wearing a M1st hat.
gcrandall
Posted 3/13/2006 4:22 PM (#182114 - in reply to #166624)
Subject: LAST CALL ON THE MADISON MUSKIE SCHOOL!

Spring is in the air. One of the instructors and the moderator  of the session on "Spring Fishing" is CCMI President Steve Reinstra who last Friday got a nice big ole' robust 43.5" last weekend in Kinkaid using a firetiger swimmin Joe.   He's off to heck of a start this year and is just the guy you'll want to hear from on the topic of Spring Fishing (along with Brad Nelson and Steve Ruhman).  The muskie school is just a few days off and it looks like we're going to have over 140 attend - which will be a fun time with a full house.  It's a great way to learn some new muskie techniques plus get ready for the opener.  With the exception of the 10:35-noon and the 1-2:30 pool classes, all classes have availability.  If you haven't signed up as yet, come join the fun.  For only $35 you'll get the full day of first-class instruction, a hot lunch coffee, donuts!  Hope you can join us.
muskie! nut
Posted 3/14/2006 1:22 PM (#182303 - in reply to #166624)

What? Rienstra caught a fish on a swimmin joe? The last I saw him using that bait he was bring in cormorants.
EsoxRookie
Posted 3/16/2006 8:36 PM (#182830 - in reply to #166624)

Arrg! I seem to have misplaced my confirmation letter. Will there be any problem getting in without it?

Also have room in the car if anybody wants/needs to carpool from Milwaukee.
Geoff
Posted 3/17/2006 12:04 AM (#182845 - in reply to #166624)

If you have lost your confirmation letter, the best thing to do is call Bill at 608-849-7659 and tell him your name and he will look it up and will make out a duplicate for you, before you arrive. That way you will have it all taken care of before you arrive. If you want to deal with it when you arrive that will work as well. If we get a backup at registration, it will take you longer to get this sorted out. However, we will work it out one way or the other. If you can't reach Bill on the phone,leave a message on his voice mail. If you don't talk to him before you arrive, I'd get there a little early (door open at 7:30 and we will have coffee & donuts available at registration) and ask for Bill Wood at the registration table and explain the situation to him. We will work it out.
Glad you can join us.

See you Saturday.

muskie! nut
Posted 3/18/2006 8:57 PM (#183148 - in reply to #166624)

How's about some pics?
1 - SWorrall getting the pole ready
2 - Jerry Georgeson teaches q-strike rigs and yes we used live suckers
3 - John Eversoll maker of some fine minnow baits tells how you can make them
4 - Looks crowded at the pool & warm in there too
5 - Hayward guide Jim Stroede with tips in the 1 on 1 pool class
6 - Joe Aldworth (who has nearly 1K releases in Muskies, Inc data base) tells how he finds new water in Vilas/Onieda Counties

Edited by muskie! nut 3/18/2006 9:06 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(sworrall1.JPG)

(gson1.JPG)

(JohnE1.JPG)

(poolside1.JPG)

(jimstoede1.JPG)

(aldworth1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sworrall1.JPG (122KB - 124 downloads)
Attachments gson1.JPG (56KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments JohnE1.JPG (73KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments poolside1.JPG (51KB - 125 downloads)
Attachments jimstoede1.JPG (60KB - 120 downloads)
Attachments aldworth1.JPG (50KB - 122 downloads)
gcrandall
Posted 3/20/2006 1:23 PM (#183318 - in reply to #166624)

Now THAT was a good time!  Many, many thanks to Steve Worrall, Jerry Georgeson, Craig Eversoll, Bill Wood, Steve Reinstra, Dan Reim, John & Sue Eversoll, Scot Stewart, Karen Phillips, Gary Hoffman, Scott Hassett, Jim Olson, Kevin Witt, Don Hollatz, Kevin Wegner, Joe Aldworth, Jim Stroede, Jeff Hanson, Bill Buechner, Gerard, Ron Schell, Shane West, Adam Oberfoell, Scott Hogland, Denny Lytle, and many more who taught, staffed, provided support and attended the fifth annual muskie school. It was a great team effort and could only have been done with extensive support from many people and organizations. The students were sharp and asked some great questions and got involved in the classes.  Duffy Kopf and the Waunakee High School staff were wonderful hosts and they went the extra mile to meet with us numerous times before the event, set up Friday night and arrived super early to get things set up Saturday morning, made signs, etc… Thanks Duffy and colleagues.  I'm not sure what the official attendance was as yet, (we had some walk-ins) however I believe it was twice as large as last year. We’re in the process of tallying up attendence as well as the financials. Our treasurer will be working through that in the next week - we have receipts here and there.  We very much appreciate the generosity of the school attendees! Thanks everyone for buying raffle tickets. It was very apparent that the attendees were MOST generous in purchasing raffle tickets which is going to support the 2006 stocking project.  The faculty was absolutely top-notch and first-class.  They really worked hard to prepare and provided some excellent ideas/tips, fantastic presentations and assistance to the students who came from many states and Northern regions of Wisconsin. Waunakee High School is the perfect facility for a muskie school. The new pool, auditorium and the class rooms were as good as it gets.  Student evaluations/feedback regarding the school were extremely favorable. It appears that the students and instructors both had a good time and everyone learned a thing or two. We received suggestions from students offering helpful suggestions and recommending several classes they would like to see next year, assuming the school is offered again. That is up to the CCMI Board of Directors. It will be decided in early 2007. With the way things went, I imagine it will be held again next year and muskie enthusiasts will use it to learn some new things, get tuned-up and a little better prepared.  Thanks again to everyone who worked tirelessly to make this a high quality event and to those who attended and made this possible!  Geoff
lambeau
Posted 3/20/2006 1:28 PM (#183319 - in reply to #166624)

Geoff Crandall is the driving force behind yet another great Muskie School.

Thanks Geoff!!!
Gson
Posted 3/20/2006 4:30 PM (#183342 - in reply to #166624)

Thanks Geoff for asking me to be one of many of the instructors at the muskie school i truly enjoyed it. You delivered a great learning opportunity for all the muskie hunters who attended, just out standing. Great to see all the kids, and more women there as well.
Again, thank you
Jerry
muskie! nut
Posted 3/20/2006 9:25 PM (#183387 - in reply to #166624)

Gson, not everyone enjoyed seeing you at the school. I'm talking about the little guys I brought in the cooler. I bet they felt that they were "picked" on.

Yes, a great time and a bunch of fun.

The Dean, Geoff Crandall & Bill Wood did a top notch job.

The only down side was the cheap name tags as mine kept falling off. Good thing I have my name on my shirt or else I wouldn't know who I was.
Gerard
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)