Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fishing Bloopers

Message Subject: Fishing Bloopers
Running_Hot
Posted 3/5/2006 9:07 AM (#180855)
Subject: Fishing Bloopers

http://www.break.com/index/billdance.html
Slamr
Posted 3/5/2006 9:29 AM (#180858 - in reply to #180855)
Subject: RE: Fishing Bloopers

Maybe we should list some of our own muskie fishing bloopers, too? Like flying coffee cake? Slapping people with suckers? Remember any of those Mr. R_H? Or maybe forgetting to take your straps off your boat while trying to launch her?
MikeHulbert
Posted 3/5/2006 9:34 AM (#180861 - in reply to #180855)

Or how about setting the hook on a fish, and about knocking the other guy out of the boat, and onto the deck......right A.J.? LOL
Slamr
Posted 3/5/2006 9:35 AM (#180862 - in reply to #180855)

Or maybe getting upset about spot selection, and then taking a "time-out" in protest?
firstsixfeet
Posted 3/5/2006 9:39 AM (#180865 - in reply to #180862)

Slamr - 3/5/2006 9:35 AM

Or maybe getting upset about spot selection, and then taking a "time-out" in protest?

Who did that?
MikeHulbert
Posted 3/5/2006 10:00 AM (#180873 - in reply to #180855)

The Protest Chair....

That was a good one for sure!!!!
blindsquirrel
Posted 3/5/2006 3:16 PM (#180894 - in reply to #180855)

Trolling motor blades are very sharp. Do not trigger trolling motor with your leg accidentally when your chin is near the prop. 4 stitches says it is very bad.
BenR
Posted 3/5/2006 3:28 PM (#180897 - in reply to #180855)

I had a client, grown man no less give himself a 10 minute timeout and sat indian style on the bottom of the boat and refused to speak or be spoken too...Only one bizzare event of a day and half guide trip on kinkaid...unreal...I just smile thinking of all that transpired...Ben
MuskieMedic
Posted 3/5/2006 4:19 PM (#180903 - in reply to #180855)

I hate to laugh about it but a couple of years ago when Muskyone, Worrall and I were fishing Mike took a big digger in the boat, almost like Gillespie but he was just moving around in the boat. He shook it off like a quarterback and kept right on fishing.
Pointerpride102
Posted 3/5/2006 4:49 PM (#180908 - in reply to #180855)

That is some great stuff!!

Mike
sworrall
Posted 3/5/2006 5:03 PM (#180914 - in reply to #180908)

Slamr's big pike and my low 40's Goon muskie was a classic. Classic...
joe m
Posted 3/5/2006 6:01 PM (#180931 - in reply to #180855)

When we went steelheading up Erie my buddy snapped the top 12" off of my brand new noodle rod in the hatch of my explorer. I had extra rods of course.

When we were younger my brother hooked my other brother right in the eyebrow with a Rapala. When he felt tension he thought he had a bite and set the hook. He ended up in Erie hospital with a 4" lure hanging from his eye.. Thank god we were not fishing skis. Lucky not to lose his eye.

The common ones of course with the boat still being tied to the trailer, go to unhook a fish and watch your pliers sink to the bottom. Get gill raked and have blood everywhere. Even had one guy a few years back drop the net overboard. They sink fast.

Edited by joe m 3/5/2006 6:31 PM
Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 3/5/2006 7:18 PM (#180943 - in reply to #180855)

This is a funny subject considering my bad luck I could right a book.

Twice in the same season I left the ramp with my plug out. The first time was at Evergreen (HP restricted). I made it at least 1/2 a mile down the lake fishing the whole way then both bildge pumps came on. Had to fire up the big motor and fly back to the ramp and trailer the boat to get the plug back in becuase it was 40 degree water. Second time went to a backwater area on the Fox river to fish bass. Was litterally a 3ft deep sewer. We were fishing for about 20 minutes then both bildges...again. This time I figured, hey water is warm and its not deep, I'll just jump in and put the plug back in. Trouble was this area was like a swamp. I sunk up to my waist in nasty decomposing muck. Had to sit on my floor mat on the way home that day.

Twice last year I forgot that the last time I went fishing was in the someone else's boat which meant my rods were in the garage, not my boat where they normally are stored, which I didn't discover until arriving at the ramp just in time for sunup..... an hour from home...ugh.

Slamr...who takes a timeout in protest of your lousy spots?

Edited by Luke_Chinewalker 3/5/2006 7:20 PM
cnnemusky
Posted 3/5/2006 8:09 PM (#180948 - in reply to #180855)

We decided one year to go out at midnight walleye fishing for the opener. I was riding with my uncle, when he looked in the rear view mirror and said, "oh no". I looked up in time to catch him starting to brake, looked back and the boat passed us on the left, the boat nicely merged into our lane, and then into the ditch upright. A few minutes later we had it back on the truck, latched this time, and we were on our way!!

The other time, same uncle (yes, there is a track record - rest his soul), my brother and cousin were helping him get his fish house off the lake in Chisago. Heading down highway 8, my brother looks back and says, "where did the fish house go". After turning around, they located it sitting upright in the middle of the highway.

I guess he had a lot of luck - not sure if it was good or bad though.
Beaver
Posted 3/6/2006 6:46 AM (#180976 - in reply to #180855)

So many in so many catagories.
Stepping onto a dock that wasn't there.
Dropping a nice fat pike that was going to be a fish fry, and then trying to grab him before he fell back in the water....by the mouth!?! I'm still bleeding.
Pointing out the finer points of casting to my wife, and then hooking her jacket on the backswing.
Stuffing a limit of walleyes into a garbage bag, and then have the bottom tear open on the way down the dock. Delayed release, times ten.
Retying.....which is a good thing...then cutting the wrong tag end with the lure hanging over the side of the boat.
Snagging a hen mallard on a cast, and then trying to act like nothing happened while she was squawking her head off with a half dozen boats around.
Watching a $300 combo sink into the depths after my girlfriend hooked it on the backswing, and then acting like it didn't bother me....for the next 15 years.
Shortening 4 walleye rods with one drop of a compartment lid.
And of course........taking the dog out for an outing and finding out that he loves the front deck for taking a crap.

Beav
Running_Hot
Posted 3/6/2006 8:19 AM (#180983 - in reply to #180855)

There are countless memories. SLAMR mentioned a few
1 . I like the boat to be shining bright whenever I go anywhere. A few years back on the opener it was raining, my buddy liked to fish standing on the fiberglass cap of the boat. Needless to say, he flew in and has never assumed fishing there again.
2. Fishing the kinkaid tourney a few years back, 10 min into the tourney my brother sticks a tree, bends down to get the lure, rear end hits the butt seat, he is in the drink.
3. I was fishing a Powerplant lake by myself, after 20 min or so, notice the TM has a lack of power, turn around and notice 3 inches of water on the floor. I had no auto bilge. I know I put the plug in. Live well pump snapped off at the transom due to vibrations from trailering. Installed an auto bilge.

There are many more, spearing a wave on geneva, hitting a another huge wave on geneva and the old style auto pilot deployed and got ripped off the bow into 120ft of water.

All Fun times
crackpot
Posted 3/6/2006 12:21 PM (#181026 - in reply to #180855)

one of my buddies hooked himself in the back of the head during a cast, went home with the lure in his head, couldn't get it out, thought about going to the hospital to get it removed but remembered he was underage and had had a few beverages that night so ended up sleeping with a rapala lodged in his skull.

once I unhook a fish with needlenose and proceeded to throw the needlenose in the water and didn't even realise it until the next time I needed them.

A couple of times, I hate to admit this, but after switching lures on a swivle I always throw the tied lure in the water...a couple of times I've thrown the wrong lure in the water

I watched one of my uncles fight the lower unit for 5 minutes and the whole time he truely thought he had the ontario walleye record on the line....classic.
muskyone
Posted 3/6/2006 3:01 PM (#181052 - in reply to #180914)

I did not ........................well thats not how I care to remember it anyway.
Beaver
Posted 3/6/2006 8:44 PM (#181102 - in reply to #180855)

I can't believe that I forgot about this one.
Back when my wife was my girlfriend, we went to The Mississippi River in early April to fish walleyes. The water was high and the current was fast, so we launched in a backwater lake and were going to take the long way out to the fishing grounds.
I made sure that everything was ready, and told her to hold onto the bowline as I backed in and let the boat float off of the trailer. I watched in the mirror and saw the boat start to float, so I pulled around the corner and parked the truck. I walked about 150 yards back toward the boat ramp and couldn't believe my eyes. There was a pile of clothes where Becky used to be, and there she was in her undergarments swimming after the boat in <40 degree water because the rope had broken.
She grabbed the rope that she could reach and swam back to the dock. I knew that I had a keeper this time. Had this same thing happened with any of my other fishing buddies, they would have sat on their butts and said..."Beav, your rope broke. How are we gonna get the boat?"
Beav
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)