Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Thank You!

Message Subject: Thank You!
GETTHENET
Posted 3/2/2006 8:06 PM (#180604)
Subject: Thank You!

Hello everyone, this is Adam Oberfoell (Mason’s dad.) Cheri and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your generosity. We have been overwhelmed with all of the help you have given us. Cheri and I would like to thank everyone who donated baits, products, talents, and time on the water. We would also like to thank everyone who bid on the auction items and anyone that sent a donation, purchased a cookbook, offered kind words or prayed for us. You have all proved once again that fisherman are the greatest group of people in the world!

We can now see that Mason’s purpose in his short life was to bring people closer to each other and help everyone to refocus on the important things in life. If you are a parent, please remember this… the next time your child is testing your patience, stop and remember Mason's message before you lose your temper. If you don't have children, please find the closest one to you, and take them fishing. : ) Our children are the most precious things our world has to offer, we need to take care of them... So, please in Mason's name - Hug/love a child!

A special thanks goes out to Dan Okray for posting Mason’s story, Muskiefirst for hosting the auction and Troy Schoonover for taking it upon himself to organize this online auction. This would not have been possible without you guys!

If any of you run into us at a show, seminar, etc. please stop and say hello. We would love to meet you.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers,

Adam and Cheri Oberfoell
Pointerpride102
Posted 3/2/2006 8:58 PM (#180606 - in reply to #180604)
Subject: RE: Thank You!

My prayers are still with you and your family.....I would also like to commend all the guys that donated, bid, set up/put together the whole thing, you guys are a class act and deserve a lot of credit for what you took upon yourself to do. Great work guys and thanks to MuskieFirst for hosting it all.

Mike
Sponge
Posted 3/3/2006 6:29 AM (#180626 - in reply to #180604)

Edited by Sponge 2/27/2008 3:32 PM
stephendawg
Posted 3/3/2006 7:13 AM (#180628 - in reply to #180604)

Stay close to your faith, family and friends.
I appreciate your thoughts about priorities. You are right on!
Still in our family's prayers...
Steve Johnson
BrianSwenson
Posted 3/3/2006 9:06 AM (#180647 - in reply to #180604)

You are welcome, and your family is still in my prayers. Thankyou for the great advice and life lessons. Stay strong.
nxtcast
Posted 3/3/2006 11:38 AM (#180668 - in reply to #180604)

Adam and Family

Your welcome!
My prayers are still with you and your family.
Stay strong.
Gander Mt Guide
Posted 3/3/2006 12:39 PM (#180675 - in reply to #180604)

In all honesty, I've tried to avoid these threads pertaining to your son. I went to the first one 6 times before finding the words to post...even then it was brief. Tears well in my eyes just thinking of your plight. I lost a child about 12 years ago, the circumstances were far different from yours, but I do indeed feel your pain and anguish.

I appologise for not being more involved with the cookbook or the auction. If somebody, who's going through what your family, is can find the strength to give us a "Thank You". I feel I need to suck it up and give where I can...I hope it's not too late to purchase a cookbook or send a check.

Please let me know what's needed and where it's to go.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/3/2006 4:01 PM (#180710 - in reply to #180604)

Adam and Cheri,

You are most welcome.

I am proud to help out. I will do my very best to make the auction guide outing a great time with big fish pictures to boot.

Keep the faith..............
MikeHulbert
Posted 3/3/2006 7:14 PM (#180721 - in reply to #180710)

I, along with all the others that have helped out, am just glad I could help out.

Keep the faith alive and god bless.
MuskyHopeful
Posted 3/3/2006 7:19 PM (#180723 - in reply to #180604)

You're welcome. God Bless your family during these difficult times.

Kevin

jonnysled
Posted 3/4/2006 12:18 AM (#180747 - in reply to #180604)

hope we meet some time this season. it's easy to care about people who inspire like you and Mason have ..... especially as a dad. i'm thankful to be able to help and look forward to meeting the people that are coming to northern Wisconsin to fish with me. i understand they are friends of yours and that makes it an even more rewarding experience.

God Bless You and thanks for your kind words to us ...
Ball Cap
Posted 3/4/2006 2:07 AM (#180750 - in reply to #180604)

You're welcome. Just happy to help out in any way I can. Also looking forward to the Saturday night "beer feed" at Bee Bops. I am a little man, but man I can drink alot of beer in 2 hours. $20 for beer and pizza is a bargain =o)
BALDY
Posted 3/4/2006 6:46 AM (#180751 - in reply to #180750)

Very glad for the opportunity to help.

Edited by BALDY 3/4/2006 6:47 AM
theedz155
Posted 3/4/2006 9:16 AM (#180762 - in reply to #180604)

Adam & Cheri-
Couldn't even imagine what you two have gone through/are going through.
Be comforted by the fact that there are many here who have you in our prayers and are helping, in a small way, to carry the burden for you.
Also know that Mason is looking down upon you and smiling thankful for the love that you provided during his short time here.

Scott
Donnie3737
Posted 3/4/2006 10:14 AM (#180769 - in reply to #180604)

Adam & Cheri,

You guys are an awesome couple of people...I wish I could say I did alot, but YOU guys did alot! You've touched the muskie community...and made our lives fuller because of you!!

Sincerely,
Donnie
ToddM
Posted 3/4/2006 1:54 PM (#180787 - in reply to #180604)

Having three sons myself, I could never imagine losing one. It's inconcievable as to what you have been through. I was all to glad to help out in this tough time.
sworrall
Posted 3/4/2006 5:55 PM (#180804 - in reply to #180787)

It was a pleasure, though bittersweet under these circumstances, to meet you at the Madison show. I only hope that you, as I have had to, can come to terms with the loss of a child. I just heard today of another good friend's loss, my hunting and fishing buddy of 20 years has lost a son to a car accident during the snow storm this week here. Hold tight to your friends, each other, and your family, and don't feel like it's not ok to openly and shamelessly grieve, it is absolutely necessary.
Stan Durst 1
Posted 3/4/2006 8:51 PM (#180823 - in reply to #180604)

You are most welcome. It's heartwarming to know that people care.
You are still in our prayers.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)