Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Cool way to end my season

Message Subject: Cool way to end my season
tuffy1
Posted 11/29/2005 8:25 PM (#166969)
Subject: Cool way to end my season

So I hit the water one last time today. After a pretty rough couple of days on the water, I was due so to speak. The weather was kind of brutal, but I had to get out. I hit the water in some 3 footers courtesy of some 25-30mph winds. The temps were around the high 20s, to 30 with snow and rain off and on. I make my way across the vacant lake to the area that was getting the least wind. (2.5 footers) I drove down the run I wanted to drift, and found a couple of great looking weed clumps in about 19 FOW. I motor back up the the beginning of the run and put out 2 suckers on circle hooks (my hands were waaay too cold to mess with the qs rigs) to slip with the wind. Not 5 minutes later the shallower of the 2 suckers goes off. A few minutes later she's in the bag. A nice healthy 41"er, my 1st and last on a circle hook. (I hate those things!!!!) I stick it out for another 2 hours for naught.

Now on my way home, I have to stop to get the stuff to winterize the boat. I'm talking to little TUFFY at the shop, and they said, hey why don't you just winterize it in the shop. They moved one of the boats out of the way, and I got her done in a nice heated environment. Now the challenge.

I've been dreading getting the boat in the garage, as I wasn't sure if it would fit. I take EVERYTHING out of the garage to make plenty of room, and low and behold, IT FIT!!!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!! Only a slight modification to a shelf in the back. (power saws rock. heh heh heh) Now I just have to find something to do for the winter. Maybe a few browns and cromers from the river.

Anyway, it was a pretty cool end to a great season.
BNelson
Posted 11/29/2005 8:27 PM (#166971 - in reply to #166969)
Subject: RE: Cool way to end my season

Congrats on the 41" Joel..I'm second guessing myself after two afternoons with the big goose egg today and yesterday that I should have called it quits last wednesday with a 42.5" I got...nahhhhhh one more try tomorrow!

Mikes Extreme
Posted 11/29/2005 8:37 PM (#166974 - in reply to #166971)

Congrats to the both of you. We boated a 45-incher on Saturday and I lost a hawg on Sunday 4 ft from the net.

Big fish are just mean. It's going to be a long off season.
muskyboy
Posted 11/29/2005 8:45 PM (#166978 - in reply to #166969)

Way to go Joel, you know where I will be tomorrow

Let me know if you want to fish the sewer sometime now that your boat is put away
thedude
Posted 11/30/2005 1:28 PM (#167067 - in reply to #166969)

Nice Job Joel. Good thing you didnt get the 1850!!!! Can you say wrecking ball or Bulldozer. See you at the aqurium.....I'll bring the anchor.

thedude
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)