Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> 52.5lb MN Musky, 53x28, Southern MN?

Message Subject: 52.5lb MN Musky, 53x28, Southern MN?
kevin cochran
Posted 12/5/2005 9:04 PM (#167698)
Subject: 52.5lb MN Musky, 53x28, Southern MN?

Has anyone heard of the 53 incher from Lake Tetonka in Southern MN in Waterville? I guess that it was front page in the local Waterville newspaper a while ago. I have a friend that owns a resort on the lake and he said that a guy was trolling a Orig. Floating Rap with 6lb test mono. The fish was kept and weighed at 52.5lbs. The lake isn't stocked with muskies but some end up in there due to the rearing ponds being close by. Does anyone have any pics. or know more info.?
muskiefreak
Posted 12/5/2005 9:10 PM (#167702 - in reply to #167698)
Subject: RE: 52.5lb MN Musky, 53x28, Southern MN?

There is mention of this fish in the article about the 45 inch fish that was caught in the Blue Earth River. (Check the news trawler on this web site.)
Muskie Treats
Posted 12/6/2005 8:54 AM (#167753 - in reply to #167698)
Subject: RE: 52.5lb MN Musky, 53x28, Southern MN?

It wouldn't suprise me. The DNR has drainable ponds on a river that feeds into that lake. I guess a couple of times the ponds were accidentally drained B4 the fish we're taken out. Last year a DNR guy caught a 45"er off their dock.

Tetonka is a lake that we're trying to get right now. We've spoken with some DNR officials about it and they're dragging their feet. The arguement is that it's connected to may other bodies of water in the area. I say what's wrong with that, but as we all know:
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)