Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> ANYONE HAVE ANY CANCER INFORMATION? - UPDATE

Message Subject: ANYONE HAVE ANY CANCER INFORMATION? - UPDATE
MuskieMedic
Posted 8/31/2005 12:11 PM (#158121 - in reply to #157750)
Subject: RE: ANYONE HAVE ANY CANCER INFORMATION?

Hey no problem Fishpoop, I'm glad you are so passionate to help someone else who has similar problems you and your wife experienced. BrainSX awesome information.

Edited by MuskieMedic 8/31/2005 2:22 PM
theedz155
Posted 9/9/2005 7:31 AM (#158997 - in reply to #157750)
Subject: RE: ANYONE HAVE ANY CANCER INFORMATION? - UPDATE

I talked to my buddy last week about the tumor. He told me that the doctors are unable to identify the type of tumor it is. It is currently classified as "undifferentiated". It is not a gliosarcoma and I believe he said it was Non-Acidic in nature (if that makes sense). I could be wrong on that. He also told me that she had PKU as a child too. If that helps anyone.

I talked to him again yesterday and he said the doctors found another "area of concern" and will have to watch it to see what develops. I know his hopes are slowly diminishing although he tries to keep a "happy face" in front on everyone. He told me that he found out she has approximately a 28% chance of surviving more than 5 years.

She is currently seeing doctors at UW-Madison.

JK - Sorry I didn't post earlier. The tumor was not part of, or attached to, the optic nerve. It was just located in that area. It was grapefruit sized and was putting pressure on the front quarter of the brain. I can't imagine having a grapefruit stuffed in my head and still being able to function.

fishpoop
Posted 9/9/2005 8:20 AM (#159003 - in reply to #157750)

Theedz:

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how things were going. Sigh! Yes, it can be amazing what the people with these cancers go through and still function. Grapefruit sized tumor, wow.

Somehow or another your reference to acidic does ring some bells, but I've be awake too many hours for it to come through. I know that it has signifigence but I just don't seem to get it to come through.

On the plus side for me, I am trying to quit smoking. I've had 2 smokes this week. First time in 25 years that, that has happened. I think that I am actually going to kick the habit this time. Life as a nonsmoker, I didn't think it was possible.

Please keep us up to date on her condition. My prayers for her peace and strenght continue.
B420
Posted 9/9/2005 8:37 AM (#159004 - in reply to #157750)

FP,
Good to see you on the boards!
Best of luck in quest to quit smoking, hang in there bud!
KOMER
theedz155
Posted 9/9/2005 9:09 AM (#159009 - in reply to #157750)

fishpoop-

You hang in there. When you feel the need for a drag, buy a muskie bait or something.
Several friends have kicked the habit in the last couple years and they are all happy they did.
Thanks for the reply.
I'll try to keep up on posting updates. Moreso than last time.

Scott
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)