Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Pomme de Terre

Message Subject: Pomme de Terre
Fin-Addict
Posted 4/27/2005 6:08 AM (#144733)
Subject: Pomme de Terre

Hey folks,

Wow, what a tuff bite at the Cave a couple of weeks ago. Only 19 or 20 Teams boated fish in the first qualifier of the 2005 PMTT season and now Pomme, in the "Show Me" State is on deck.

With no big lead in points; no runawayTeam as of yet ... Pomme de Terre is exactly what the Doctor ordered for anybody ... and I mean ANYBODY (especially if they have a little local knowledge on this relatively over-looked gem), to make a big run at both the Top Gun points lead and a nice payday. This scenario will not be repeated this season with the Eagle River Chain and fabled Chippewa Flowage (and yes, all of those "Killer Sticks" you associate with them) finishing the Trail Qualifiers and your shot at an invitation to Minnetonka and the Ranger World Championship there this October.

Mark Boone, of the MDC, has shared some stocking numbers and fish catch rates that should have hopefull Tourney competitors salivating. A huge number of 30 to 36-inch fish in this system that Missouri has been managing since 1966 and fish over 50 reported by the local MINC Chapter. This IS a sleeper fishery folks. Most all musky anglers I have talked with DO NOT even know where Pomme is ... let alone ever presented a lure here. No one on the Pro Trail is coming to mind as the "hands down local favorite" and I have to feel that this is the one event this year that could be completely "up for grabs".

I love hitting new water, always have. No preconceptions; lots of good old fashioned map work; some prospecting; local flavor and a little bit of success ... the stuff that makes life worth the living if you were to ask me. Now add a chance to hit one of the "sleepers" that is giving some of the "Top Dogs" a moment of concern ... color me THERE!

May 21st & 22nd, PMTT Q-2 @ Pomme de Terre, MO ... 'Tonka here I come? Who knows. There are still berths available for this event and maybe a couple for the last two but they are going on a "first-come-first-served basis and I do not know how many are left. Since the announcement two weeks ago that Fox Sports North & "North Country Adventures" was going to begin doing the television coverage STARTING W/POMME (effectively giving national coverage for the first time) and a couple of other things "cooking", a lot of empty slots were filled ... hint,hint.

One thing is certain though ... you can't catch 'em with your butt on the sofa ... come on out and join me ... I am betting that the "Show Me State" has been waiting an awful long time to put their Musky Program in the national spotlight and prove what a "Top Notch" job they are doing. Come out and show your support for the MDC and the fastest growing segment of freshwater angling ... MUSKY.

See ya there,
Ozzie

mikie
Posted 4/27/2005 6:20 AM (#144734 - in reply to #144733)
Subject: RE: Pomme de Terre

Bob, best of luck to you and the other teams at this important event. I saw on TV that you can catch (a) fish, so go get 'em! And, thanks again for all you do to promote a positive image of Muskies, Inc. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)