Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> STREN SUPER BRAID

Message Subject: STREN SUPER BRAID
SPD132
Posted 3/6/2005 12:37 PM (#137804)
Subject: STREN SUPER BRAID

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS LINE? THE STORE WHERE I BUY MOST OF MY TACKLE ARE OUT OF 80LB POWER PRO BUT HAD THE SUPERBRAID IN 80LB. I DIDN'T BUY BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS LINE. HOW IS IT COMPARED TO POWER PRO?
nwild
Posted 3/6/2005 12:50 PM (#137805 - in reply to #137804)
Subject: RE: STREN SUPER BRAID

I have used power pro for the last several years, but was talked into trying some of the Stren Super Braid last year. It was very good line, no failures, and very smooth off the reel. I still will continue using Power Pro because of its perfect past with me, but I am not afraid to go to the Stren if necessary.
Slimeball
Posted 3/6/2005 12:59 PM (#137806 - in reply to #137804)

I also used Stren Super Braid last season...A couple things I did not like was that it seemed like it lost its color after only a couple days,turning a light powder blue color,not a big deal really but it also seemed to be frayed everywhere after short use. It did seem smooth though. Maybe I just got a bad batch? I will be going back to Power Pro this season.

ToddM
Posted 3/6/2005 1:25 PM (#137809 - in reply to #137804)

I used it last season and liked it for the most part. It does cast smooth. One thing I noticed is when the line was new, it brought in very little water. Less than power pro. As the coating wore off and the lline faded, I had the lake in the boat with me. Still casted well though.
ulbian
Posted 3/7/2005 1:35 PM (#137942 - in reply to #137804)

I agree totally with ToddM. Late in the season I'll primarily use power pro but early on when getting a little wet won't cause my fingers to freeze off I'll go with the Superbraid.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)