Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Tuffy/TM Mounting

Reply New post
Message Subject: Tuffy/TM Mounting
Bassin
Posted 5/24/2004 8:37 PM (#107685)
Subject: Tuffy/TM Mounting

I put a Minn Kota trolling motor on the bow of my Esox Magnum. I used the same holes that I had for my Motorguide. It was mounted using the rubber mounts and I don't like them, because they keep coming loose. How do you get your hand inside the bow to put regular bolts with lock washers in? Thanks
kevin
Posted 5/24/2004 10:00 PM (#107703 - in reply to #107685)
Subject: RE: Tuffy/TM Mounting

If its like my Rampage I removed the trolling motor plug receptacle thats on the front(indicated by the arrow in the pic) and got my hand in there.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
('98 Musky Stocking 2.2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments '98 Musky Stocking 2.2.JPG (40KB - 99 downloads)
Bassin
Posted 5/30/2004 5:17 PM (#108215 - in reply to #107703)

It's a 2003 model and you can't get your hand in far enough to get to the bolt. Anyone here installed one and what's the secret?
sworrall
Posted 5/30/2004 8:44 PM (#108226 - in reply to #108215)

I used a wrench with very sticky tape to get the nut started and then tightened. If you don't like the rubber mounts, try the Minn Kota mounts, they are tough as nails.
Bassin
Posted 6/3/2004 7:23 PM (#108608 - in reply to #107685)

Steve,

We tried to get a wrench in there and that won't work either. I'll try the Minn Kota mounting screws to see if they will hold. The Motorguide ones loosen up every trip. Can't understand why Tuffy doesn't make that opening larger? I have alway's used bolts with locking nuts on the backside.
sworrall
Posted 6/3/2004 10:36 PM (#108628 - in reply to #108608)

I assume you are taking off the electrical panel to get under the deck. If the hole cut in the deck is way smaller than the screw pattern of the panel, one can cut the access a bit bigger. Tuffy has modified the Esox Magnum front deck cap to allow better access.
Bassin
Posted 6/10/2004 5:46 PM (#109319 - in reply to #107685)

Steve,

Thanks, that worked well. We cut the opening a little larger and my buddies wife was able to get her arm in there to hold the nuts on. It is now bolted on with four stainless steel bolts with washers and nuts. Again thanks.

Charlie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)