Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> New PB
 
Message Subject: New PB
R/T
Posted 10/8/2026 12:28 PM (#1038099)
Subject: New PB




Posts: 114


Any new PBs out there this year?

None for me. But I categorize my PBs by region:

1) Canada inland
2) US inland (by state?)
3) Great Lakes

Anybody?
tundrawalker00
Posted 10/8/2026 1:14 PM (#1038101 - in reply to #1038099)
Subject: Re: New PB




Posts: 520


Location: Ludington, MI
Actually, I did have a new PB in TN fishing with Steven Paul. He had turned me down for the last week of March previously because he didn't want to target spawning fish. This late winter was so warm I reached out again hoping that things were moving along faster and he was nice enough to take me out. I caught a large female that we did not put on the board because it did not appear to have spawned yet. His proclamation was that "You've got your 50. I can tell you right now that this will go 49 without squeezing the tail at all and if I had to squeeze the tail, she'd go 50 easily." Regardless of whether it was 49 or 50 or more, it was easily my largest and heaviest musky. Caught on a Livingston Mustang in the sexy shad pattern in what I would call muddy water, but maybe it's only stained by TN standards, lol. Came two casts after a 4+ largemouth bass on the same lure. It was an interesting trip, I learned a lot of musky industry lore and was put through figure-8 boot camp. It also clued me in that I probably was ignoring "dirty" water at home that I should be fishing more often.


Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(tn musky.png)



Attachments
----------------
Attachments tn musky.png (189KB - 8 downloads)
Yep
Posted 10/8/2026 3:05 PM (#1038103 - in reply to #1038099)
Subject: RE: New PB




Posts: 32


Great fish. Congratulations
esoxaddict
Posted 10/8/2026 7:15 PM (#1038104 - in reply to #1038103)
Subject: Re: New PB





Posts: 8882


Nice fish! Congratulations on your new PB!
chuckski
Posted 10/9/2026 7:35 AM (#1038105 - in reply to #1038099)
Subject: Re: New PB




Posts: 1735


Location: Brighton CO.
Gota love those fat fish, my best was one of those lanky ones, I'll take the nose tackle fish every time. Good job!
IAJustin
Posted 10/9/2026 9:02 AM (#1038106 - in reply to #1038099)
Subject: Re: New PB




Posts: 2123


New PB tiger, she acted like she had never been caught, crazy fight



Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1913.jpeg (184KB - 26 downloads)
BigC
Posted 10/9/2026 9:23 AM (#1038107 - in reply to #1038099)
Subject: Re: New PB





Location: On the O
Usually break it down casting, trolling and solo.

New solo PB this year, on topwater, which was really "fun"


Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Solo1.jpg)



Attachments
----------------
Attachments Solo1.jpg (24KB - 7 downloads)
Nershi
Posted 10/9/2026 1:45 PM (#1038111 - in reply to #1038099)
Subject: Re: New PB




Location: MN
Got a 51.5 on Vermillion which beat my prior PB by 3/4 inch. Had one nip in the eight the same day that looked a couple inches bigger. Hadn't caught a 50 in a few years so it felt good.

My personal minimum to consider getting a replica is 52 inches. Hopefully next year is the year. It is hunting season now and I doubt I will get back out for muskies before the season closes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)