Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Badfish Radio Episode 71 - Mark Lijewski

Message Subject: Badfish Radio Episode 71 - Mark Lijewski
North of 8
Posted 9/3/2024 4:42 PM (#1030644 - in reply to #1030643)
Subject: Re: Badfish Radio Episode 71 - Mark Lijewski

You are making apples to oranges comparisons there. You will allow SI/DI and allow FFS for other fish but not musky. Sorry, without any study, comprehensive data, that is an arbitrary decision. If you were to ban all electronics, SI/DI included, no problem.
TCESOX
Posted 9/3/2024 5:28 PM (#1030646 - in reply to #1030499)

I think the apples and oranges are the difference between U.S. and Canada. With the wording of that Federal Canadian fisheries act, it seems to give very broad powers at the Federal level. I think NO8 is correct for the U.S., as pretty much all non-migratory laws are at the state level, which is a huge difference. Plus, even on the state level, I don't think there is any legislation that mirrors the broad powers of that Canadian Act. Basically, Canada has legislation that specifically says they do not require scientific proof or data. We don't have anything close to that, that I am aware of.
North of 8
Posted 9/3/2024 6:01 PM (#1030647 - in reply to #1030646)

TCESOX - 9/3/2024 5:28 PM

I think the apples and oranges are the difference between U.S. and Canada. With the wording of that Federal Canadian fisheries act, it seems to give very broad powers at the Federal level. I think NO8 is correct for the U.S., as pretty much all non-migratory laws are at the state level, which is a huge difference. Plus, even on the state level, I don't think there is any legislation that mirrors the broad powers of that Canadian Act. Basically, Canada has legislation that specifically says they do not require scientific proof or data. We don't have anything close to that, that I am aware of.

In the U.S. there can be emergency regulations but anything long term requires data, and at the state level public input is often required.
muddymusky
Posted 9/13/2024 3:00 PM (#1030794 - in reply to #1030499)
Subject: RE: Badfish Radio Episode 71 - Mark Lijewski

Heard it said on this podcast, https://backlashpodcast.podbean.com/ that Chase Gibson took live scope off his boat. Glad to hear it. Some consider him as one of the pioneers for FFS and maybe now he is rejecting this technology.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)