Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> How was opening weekend?

Message Subject: How was opening weekend?
ToddM
Posted 5/28/2024 8:55 AM (#1028682)
Subject: How was opening weekend?

It wasn't a bad weekend for me. 4 in the boat out of 19 that ate. Fish wanted a slow non erratic presentation and except for the 4 caught weren't aggressive when they ate. Nothing big but had a really nice one eat Sunday evening. The wind was bad i had to buy a 2nd trolling motor battery.
Caught several pike the were aggressive. Old school lures got the job done I'll write about it soon in the FRV newsletter.
CincySkeez
Posted 5/28/2024 10:08 AM (#1028686 - in reply to #1028682)
Subject: Re: How was opening weekend?

Caught two small fish, 3 total in the boat. The 3rd was a nice spotted fish caught by my brother. Solid opener.
southern comfort
Posted 6/3/2024 10:33 AM (#1028836 - in reply to #1028682)

I found muskies really scattered opening week in Vilas and Oneida Counties. Caught some in shallow weeds and others already suspended. Water temps were in the high 50s and low 60s. Caught 4 and a lot of northerns during the week. Most action came on small erratic dive and rise and small minnow baits.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 6/3/2024 3:27 PM (#1028854 - in reply to #1028682)

Tough for me. I caught a small one and saw one other nice one. I fished from the crack of dawn and got tired at 1:30pm. Probably should have fished later. From what I gather they turned on a little bit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)