Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Upcoming outing

Message Subject: Upcoming outing
Tony_Grant
Posted 3/14/2004 5:25 PM (#100508)
Subject: Upcoming outing

The Cave looks great for the upcoming outing this weekend, lake conditions and weather looks promising.
For all you guys coming in Thursday stop by Mountain Muskie Lodge after dark for a little early outing celebration....
See detail fishing report at www.kymuskie.com
Tony_Grant
Posted 3/15/2004 7:27 PM (#100638 - in reply to #100508)
Subject: RE: Upcoming outing

Hey Guys
Most of you know about the Rattlebait pattern here on the lake. But most guys seem to not hang with them long enough. Today Dave Lutz of T-N-T Tackle hit 7 on Rattlin' Shad.(the first day of his 3 day trip he stuck with them all day). I have taken 5 in the last 2 days. Here is an e-mail from some guys I ran into at the ramp after thier second day of being shut out.
"Hey Tony this is Jerry from Wisconsin. We met you Saturday at the warix boat ramp. We were the four guys you talked to and I got my picture taken with you. I justed wanted to thank you for the info you gave us about the lake and rattle baits and some good spots to fish. After we got done talking with you we went and bought several rattle traps for the next day. So sunday morning we headed out to the lake it was raining on and off. We put our boats in the water and headed to Scotts Creek (you said your other boat caught six out of there saturday) We all started to throw rattle traps, after about a half hour we hooked into our first fish a 35 incher, 15 minutes after that we caught a 38 incher, and ten minutes after that we caught another 35 incher. I just wanted to thank you, that really made our trip catching three fish on our last day. Heres a picture of my 35 incher."

My point is STICK WITH THEM it will happen....Rat-L-Trap or Rattlin' Shad and stay shallow.
sworrall
Posted 3/15/2004 7:39 PM (#100641 - in reply to #100638)

Got a box full of 'em, so I guess I will stick to them. Keith is going along to the Cave, so the new Daddy will have the bow in the 2050.
PunchandJudy
Posted 3/15/2004 7:42 PM (#100643 - in reply to #100638)

Thanks Tony for the update. We just got back for Gander Mountian with a bag full of rattle traps in various colors and sizes. We are heading down Weds. and should be on the water early Thur. We will stop over when we are off the lake to visit and BS. Also one question, I ordered a hot maps Cd of Cave Run for our Garmin and is it a good investment?
mikie
Posted 3/16/2004 6:29 AM (#100682 - in reply to #100643)

Tony, you are a muskie god. We'll be trappin.

Steve, is there any agenda for the outing? Are the Morehead folks doing a feed for us again this year? Glad the new papa is coming along, good that all is going well for the new mom and child.

Looks like a last gasp of winter here, but it won't last till the weekend. Papa Joe hits the road today. To all coming down, please drive safe. See ya soon, m

Posted 3/16/2004 11:40 AM (#100725 - in reply to #100508)

We will be staying at Tony's lodge, arriving Thursday night. Coming from Indianaplois, can someone give us hoosiers some directions to the lodge?
Shep
Posted 3/16/2004 12:00 PM (#100726 - in reply to #100725)

Drive south on 65. Then take the exit to Morehead, KY. If you drive past the big black bull with the icesicle hanging off it's willy, you need to turn around, and go back about a mile! LOL

I'm sure mikie can give better directions.

Oh, yeah, that's right. And 801 South to Tony's. Then, if you see this, turn around and go back a mile. hehehe Have a great time. Wish I could be there, but then I'd bring the cold, and rain, and high water, and snow, and.....

Edited by Shep 3/16/2004 1:20 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Bull.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bull.jpg (94KB - 150 downloads)
tomyv
Posted 3/16/2004 12:58 PM (#100739 - in reply to #100726)

Shep, I'm not 100% sure about it. But I believe it's the exit after Morehead, (of course I'll be coming from the east). Exit #133, then 801 South until you hit Tony's if I remember correctly.

Edited by tomyv 3/16/2004 1:01 PM
mikie
Posted 3/16/2004 2:01 PM (#100747 - in reply to #100739)

Whoo-boy. Ask a cheese-head for directions around Kentucky and you are asking for trouble! Nice try, Shep-ster. You can pay me back when I ask you directions to Rhinelander!

Here's what I'd do. I'd take I-74 from Indy to Cincy, go south on the I-275 outer belt past the airport and hook up with I-75 south to Lexington. Then, take I-64 east about 45 minutes to the Farmers exit (Cave Run brown sign). Go past the BP and Comfort Inn, down the hill into the holler; just past the blinking light is Crash's Landing, stop and get your license and parking passes for the boat ramps. They can direct you from there, but basically, you just stay on that road toward Frenchburg. 5 minutes after you are sure you've gone too far, you'll see one of those blinking arrow signs for Tony's on the right. Go on down to the Black Bull and Jerry should have your keys. Tell him 'Fishless Mike' sent ya. m
(ps, if arriving late check in at Tony's office)

Edited by mikie 3/16/2004 2:03 PM
MikeHulbert
Posted 3/16/2004 2:36 PM (#100752 - in reply to #100747)

Holy Bull's Balls! Look at the price of GAS!!! I wish that was right now!
muskihntr
Posted 3/16/2004 3:50 PM (#100761 - in reply to #100508)

yeahhh baby im liking those gas prices too...now we can only dream about those prices....heck any president that promises to lower gas prices ill vote for him
Tony_Grant
Posted 3/16/2004 4:50 PM (#100771 - in reply to #100508)

COOOOLDDD Today, high winds no fish...Tomarrow looks the same but still looks great for the weekend. Only one fish caught out of the Lodge today..36 incher on a Rattlin' Shad Treadfin.
David Foor is here and getting the jump on the rest of you..
Tony_Grant
Posted 3/17/2004 6:31 PM (#100913 - in reply to #100508)

Rattlt Bait bite sucked again today as the water temps still haven't came back up. BUT Worrall you'll like this. We banged 3 on REAPERS, yes Jigs. Bait Rig's Reaper Tails on 3/4 oz Herbie Head did the trick. Muskies of 35.5, 39 and 40. We were just swimming them back to the boat as if it was a spinnerbait, just like Herbie told me to and BAM. Missed another and lost one too. Everything seemed to be tight to shore with no color prefference all came on different colors. Outdoor writer Kevin Mucullogh and his brothers were with me. Over 40 out of Mountain Muskie Lodge in 18 days, March as always puts out the fish on the CAVE. Remember Party Thursday Night at the lodge...after dark.
Also the first ever MuskieFirst Pool Tournament starting at 9pm
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)