Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Helix Network Issues

Message Subject: Helix Network Issues
pstrombe
Posted 7/8/2022 7:51 PM (#1008610)
Subject: Helix Network Issues

Looks like I will be trying to get through to Hummingbird next week but I'm hoping one of the members here may have an answer.
I am getting a screen error message on unit #2 & #3 stating 'DI Source is lost do you wish to turn off" Head unit is a Gen 2 Helix 10, Unit #2 Gen #4 Helix 9 and Bow unit Gen 3 Helix 8. All software is current and network settings correct. Down imaging is paused during error message sides scan is completely out on the slave units. Everything functioned perfectly including the Mega Live until I added an AGM battery to offset added battery drain. I have 12.97 volts at the units
Any thoughts would be appreciated
miket55
Posted 7/8/2022 10:38 PM (#1008613 - in reply to #1008610)
Subject: Re: Helix Network Issues

"No" is what I answer when I get that message and my two Helix 10 G2Ns quit arguing and play nice..

That said...Do G2N units actually work together with G4N units? I know 2&3 do, but was curious..
pistol pete
Posted 7/9/2022 5:40 AM (#1008615 - in reply to #1008610)

Are you running an Ethernet box and is it maxed out??
TCESOX
Posted 7/9/2022 9:55 AM (#1008618 - in reply to #1008610)

Since it worked before the battery addition, compatibility isn't an issue. The five port hub draws a small amount of power, and doesn't have an off switch, so that should be run through a switch, not direct wired to the power source, or else it will drain your battery. You should be able to select the transducer you want to use for each type of imaging, from each unit. Are you not seeing the down imaging or side imaging transducer to choose, on each unit? If not, something is screwy with the network, since they were available for selection before. Not sure how a battery change would affect that. Maybe the units in question "forgot" the previous selections, and just need to re-select the desired transducer for each type of imaging.
pstrombe
Posted 7/9/2022 3:41 PM (#1008626 - in reply to #1008610)

It appears the 2nd gen unit may be the issue even though it is supposed to be network compatible. I switched the 'Head Unit' to the Gen 4 Helix 9 and I don't get the error message. I see the was a software upgrade to Live Image in May. Appears to have significantly changed the adjustment panel, sensitivity, contrast etc. Interested to see what HB tech staff says
Thanks gents
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)